Anne Rice, Dead at 80

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 91,200.00
Author of goth novels, not my favorite genre. Wrote Interview With a Vampire, which I did enjoy.

Author of goth novels, not my favorite genre. Wrote Interview With a Vampire, which I did enjoy.
You know…..I saw the movie first (of course) and then went and read Interview and really liked it overall. Surprised me as I don’t like the goth genre as well.

Tried being ambitious and reading the next one, Lester, and…..nope.

Her genre wasn’t for me, but she was a very gifted writer.

I know we have a couple Christopher Moore fans here. I found this fun...I have never read Bloodsucking Fiends or the sequel...

I know we have a couple Christopher Moore fans here. I found this fun...I have never read Bloodsucking Fiends or the sequel...

Ironically enough, I’m reading Bloodsucking Fiends right now. Not his best really.

I’ve the first 4 or 5 books in the Lestat series many years ago. Always meant to get back to it. Guess I’ll do it now.

Ironically enough, I’m reading Bloodsucking Fiends right now. Not his best really.

I’ve the first 4 or 5 books in the Lestat series many years ago. Always meant to get back to it. Guess I’ll do it now.

Moore fun than reading Anne Rice though to me.

I read interview then queen of the damned, for some reason I was thinking there were 3 books but don’t care enough to go look.

Interview was good, the rest were ok, but that’s it for the vampire stuff. I don’t like any other of the genre, not for me. I don’t know what it was about Interview, it was just a good story.

one of the few i've read, really need to get back to it. i enjoyed it. made me think about getting a job at the local grocery store back in my insomniac days. only other one i remember reading was coyote blue, there may have been others. i did get noir from the library, but never finished before i had to return it, couldn't get into it.

one of the few i've read, really need to get back to it. i enjoyed it. made me think about getting a job at the local grocery store back in my insomniac days. only other one i remember reading was coyote blue, there may have been others. i did get noir from the library, but never finished before i had to return it, couldn't get into it.
Noir wasn't one of my favorites of his

I really love the Fool series of books. I have had to put it down a couple times from seriously laughing at it.

I enjoyed Dirty Job, prob should read the sequel.

I read Interview... when I was probably about 13. It was unforgivably stupid and cartoonish...even for a kid.

I read Interview... when I was probably about 13. It was unforgivably stupid and cartoonish...even for a kid.

Knock me over with a feather.

Still unforgivably stupid and setting unattainable records for dumb fuckery!!

Keep doing what you Jew best Jewce. Even though you are still 13.

Isn't that the gay vampire movie?
Yes, and that's why Hankie likes it. The movie was gay soft pr0n and the book was like some kind of bland vampire shit for 7th graders. All these years later, I still remember throwing the book when I finished the last page in disgust....and my mom yelling at me because I hit a lamp or something.