Movie Ant-Man 3: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
If it indeed were to film in summer 2021, then Ant-Man 3 would be expected to release in 2022 (probably in the summer, if it follows the trend of the past Ant-Man films). Update: However, covid has delayed this film to Friday, February 17, 2023 Friday, July 28, 2023 Friday, February 17, 2023, following The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special and preceding Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

Charles Murphy said:
Marvel Studios has made the decision to move ahead with the third 'ANT-MAN' film. About 2 weeks ago, I was told it was expected to film Summer of 2021. Yesterday I found the hard evidence I was looking for: Pym Particles Productions III LLC was formed a little over a month ago.

Deadline: "Jonathan Majors Joins Marvel Cinematic Universe, Lands Major Role in Next Ant-Man Movie"...

johnathan-majors.jpg

...rumored to be supervillain Kang the Conqueror:

Kang.jpeg
Kang is too big for an Ant - Man movie. He’s an Avengers level foe and his story arc is tied to characters like Captain America (Steve Rogers) who is already out of the MCU.

Kang is too big for an Ant - Man movie. He’s an Avengers level foe and his story arc is tied to characters like Captain America (Steve Rogers) who is already out of the MCU.

I know, and I agree that Kang's historical comics role is far too big for an Ant-Man movie alone, but the MCU sometimes deviates drastically from the comics, and that Majors is going to be Kang is what the rumors in the entertainment press are saying.

It's possible they could be planning to introduce him in the Ant-Man movie in a relatively small role as a teaser to start building him up for later Avengers movies, kind of like how Thanos had cameos in earlier movies before Infinity War.

We'll just have to wait and see...

Last edited:
I’m more interested in them introducing Namor in the next Black Panther movie. That was the big rumor before things all went to shit with Chadwick Baseman’s passing.

Rumors are they are going to introduce the Young Avengers in Ant-Man 3 as well so they could be using this as a springboard for a much bigger story arch.

Logo and title revealed! Kang confirmed!

Eo6wgUMXUAAMpN3

Disney said:
Peyton Reed is back to direct the third Ant-Man film, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Paul Rudd, @EvangelineLilly, Michael Douglas, and Michelle Pfeiffer all return. @KathrynNewton joins the cast as Cassie Lang and Jonathan Majors as Kang the Conqueror.

Michelle Pfeiffer made a post today on Instagram claiming:

Michelle Pfeiffer said:
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Coming 2022!

However, I am almost certain that she or her social media manager made a mistake, and that the film is coming 2023, not 2022, because:

- Covid delayed all the other upcoming MCU movies, and should have delayed Ant-Man 3 as well (thus, Pfeiffer may be mistakenly using the pre-covid release date).

- The previous Ant-Man movies were both released in July, but Black Panther 2 has already claimed the July spot for 2022.

- We already have official release dates for all other 2022 Marvel movies: Doctor Strange 2 on March 25, Thor 4 on May 6, Black Panther 2 on July 8, Spider-Verse 2 on October 7, Captain Marvel 2 on November 11, and The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special around Christmas. If Ant-Man 3 were also coming in 2022, the studio should have already announced an official release date for it as well, but the studio hasn't.

- As the previous point indicates, there are already 6 Marvel movies slated for 2022. It seems unlikely for there to be a 7th one also. There's just no space on the schedule for it.

I love that the title pokes fun at the MCU’s over-use if the word “quantum”. Also not the first time in this trilogy where Scott Lange makes fun of its use.

Michelle Pfeiffer made a post today on Instagram claiming:

However, I am almost certain that she or her social media manager made a mistake, and that the film is coming 2023, not 2022, because:

- Covid delayed all the other upcoming MCU movies, and should have delayed Ant-Man 3 as well (thus, Pfeiffer may be mistakenly using the pre-covid release date).

- The previous Ant-Man movies were both released in July, but Black Panther 2 has already claimed the July spot for 2022.

- We already have official release dates for all other 2022 Marvel movies: Doctor Strange 2 on March 25, Thor 4 on May 6, Black Panther 2 on July 8, Spider-Verse 2 on October 7, Captain Marvel 2 on November 11, and The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special around Christmas. If Ant-Man 3 were also coming in 2022, the studio should have already announced an official release date for it as well, but the studio hasn't.

- As the previous point indicates, there are already 6 Marvel movies slated for 2022. It seems unlikely for there to be a 7th one also. There's just no space on the schedule for it.

Indeed, it will be 2023, specifically Friday, February 17, 2023, as revealed near the end of Marvel's new generalized MCU promo!

Disney just announced the film has been pushed back from Friday, February 17, 2023 to Friday, July 28, 2023.

SDCC poster by Marvel concept artist Andy Park:

FYYsN3JVQAEECYg.jpg:orig

Marvel just announced at SDCC that Quantumania, formerly considered part of Phase 4, will instead start Phase 5 of the MCU.

Ant-size trailer:

:lol:

Row of helmets poster:

n2ysil9xt1ba1.jpg