Anyone build their own PCs?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
My last two computers were custom built and they worked out very well for me. Beat way to get a really high quality machine for cheaper than if you were to buy a prebuilt one. And in the end you end up with a better setup than you can buy prebuilt because you lick top of the line parts for everything.

But last PC I built was back in fall of 2016 so it's almost been 8 years and I think the time is right to build a new one even though my current PC is still going strong.

Below is what I currently have put together. Thinking ofaybe adding a second SSD hard drive, probably 1 TB that would be my first HD to put my OS on amd them everything else I'll throw on the 4 TB hard drive.

Just built one with my son for Xmas and I think that's the same motherboard even that we used. I'll look at my partpicker in a bit and see what I put together.

One thing I will say is we didn't put an SSD in there at all. If that's the same motherboard then it has multiple m.2 slots and so we just used a 1TB NVMe drive and can add another if he somehow fills that one up. He wanted a gaming rig so we built for that and 1TB will hold multiple games at any time.

I'll post the partpicker later in case it helps.

Just built one with my son for Xmas and I think that's the same motherboard even that we used. I'll look at my partpicker in a bit and see what I put together.

One thing I will say is we didn't put an SSD in there at all. If that's the same motherboard then it has multiple m.2 slots and so we just used a 1TB NVMe drive and can add another if he somehow fills that one up. He wanted a gaming rig so we built for that and 1TB will hold multiple games at any time.

I'll post the partpicker later in case it helps.

What CPU did you go with? I was almost set with going eoth this AMD but now I'm reading about all sorts of instability issues people are having so I might have to switch to a more expensive intel.

What CPU did you go with? I was almost set with going eoth this AMD but now I'm reading about all sorts of instability issues people are having so I might have to switch to a more expensive intel.
I have a grandson who is graduating high school in May that has been building for friends to raise college money. He and his younger brother are also into game designing. If I live long enough for them to finish college, I might invest in their startup.

homer-simson-the-simpsons.gif

Back in the day when Windows 98 was around I built a couple of PCs.

Thought about building one lately only because I'd like to see how things have changed.

Back in the day when Windows 98 was around I built a couple of PCs.

Thought about building one lately only because I'd like to see how things have changed.

It's gotten a lot more expensive that's for sure. Even sine the last time I built one in 2016 it's gotten so much more expensive. I blame all the assholes crypto-mining.

AMD Ryzen 5.

And the biggest cost increase is the GPU. Most other parts all have come down it feels like. RAM, storage, and power are dirt cheap.