Anyone Do Storm Spotter Training?

Here's what the Hook looks like.
It's moving from Southwest to Northeast

1619668671242.png

The Purple seems to be the Hail Core.

My lil bro lost a house window and a windshield....and some roof.

Sirens just went off in McAlester which is about 100 mi. South of Tulsa.

Since it's free and I like tracking severe storms and tornado events, I figured I'd try it out. Any tips or info from those SkyWarn certified?
My only experience with storm tracking is that when I was much younger and happily married I noticed that my wife would get a little zit on her chin just before her period :laugh3:

Just kidding about the storm, she did not turn into a psycho-chicken like some of my pals described their wives, but the tiny little zit warning device on her otherwise very nice complexion was a good warning just in case.

Sirens just went off in McAlester which is about 100 mi. South of Tulsa.

Prayin for the folks in McAlester!

Just had a crunchin storm pass through, small hail, heavy rain and high winds. Lights flickered a bit but it passed, we are under a flood watch until like 11:00pm CST though.

I've been in 7 different Tornado's in my lifetime, that were within 2 miles of me.

This was the closest one. This was my neighborhood and I was home when this one hit.
Destroyed houses just 3 houses down from mine.
In Oklahoma, you better have an understanding of storms

Honestly, I'd rather live in a hurricane zone.

Prayin for the folks in McAlester!

Just had a crunchin storm pass through, small hail, heavy rain and high winds. Lights flickered a bit but it passed, we are under a flood watch until like 11:00pm CST though.
Stay safe!