Anyone have a Samsung Tab A8?

So, I know this doesn't answer your question, and I'm not intending to ignore it, but why not just get an iPad? Especially when your question is comparing it to an iPad?

The base iPad might cost a little more, but it comes with more storage, will last longer (both build quality and will be supported by Apple for 7 years, my experience with samsung devices they aren't built as well and you're lucky to get one major update), better more efficient hardware, and the iPad is already the gold standard you're comparing the other option to.

I'd guess if you absolutely don't want to consider an iPad the Samsung tab is probably the best option though.

I don't know anything about an ipad or a tab 8, or how old your kids are.

I do know that I bought a 10" amazon fire hd tablet last year for only $80. It's works pretty good.

I bought it to monitor mechanical systems on my rv through a bluefire while going down the road and never ended up buying the bluefire dongle/adaptor.

So, I know this doesn't answer your question, and I'm not intending to ignore it, but why not just get an iPad? Especially when your question is comparing it to an iPad?

The base iPad might cost a little more, but it comes with more storage, will last longer (both build quality and will be supported by Apple for 7 years, my experience with samsung devices they aren't built as well and you're lucky to get one major update), better more efficient hardware, and the iPad is already the gold standard you're comparing the other option to.

I'd guess if you absolutely don't want to consider an iPad the Samsung tab is probably the best option though.

Amazons Treasure truck has it for $150 which is about half the price adn I don't trust my kids not to break it.

Amazons Treasure truck has it for $150 which is about half the price adn I don't trust my kids not to break it.
I get that, but if you have apple in the house already then get an iPad. If you have Samsung already, get that. Whatever you know is what will get actually used because you can help set it up and answer stupid questions they will have while learning it. If you don't know, it will get put in a drawer or you will end up hating it because it doesn't work like everything else.

As for price, my take has always been "Am I about to spend $150 on something I won't use as opposed to $329 on something I would?"

I found the deal on Amazon (not treasure truck deal, but they have it online for $170 something). All the reviews warn that if you get the 32 gig option you’ll have about 4 left over out of the box after OS and bloatware. So definitely go for the 64 gig option if you plan on starting with 32 gigs.

I can’t believe there’s devices coming out in 2022 with 32 gig options to begin with, but to preload 28 gigs their own shitty apps on there with such an option is just insane. Giving me nightmare flashbacks to when I had Samsung phones and thought it was a good idea.