Apple M1 Chip

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 2,553.00
Looking to get a new MacBook, and really curious about the new M1 chip. It's cheaper, but for some reason only comes with 2 Thunderports compared to the 4 that come with the Intel proccessor.

Is the M1 all that and more? Anybody have any idea when they'll start putting the chip into the iMacs?

Just went through this, ended up switching to windows. I have always expected to pay a few hundred dollars more for the Apple equivalent but this new round of Macbooks is like $800+ more expensive. I found myself doing what you're doing, trying to figure out what concessions I could make and justify while spending $1300+

From what I hear, the M1 is a pretty good chip but they're severely under-equipped with ram and storage space. If you want a modern amount of space, you'll be buying a $2000 mac.

Looking to get a new MacBook, and really curious about the new M1 chip. It's cheaper, but for some reason only comes with 2 Thunderports compared to the 4 that come with the Intel proccessor.

Is the M1 all that and more? Anybody have any idea when they'll start putting the chip into the iMacs?
My buddy won't shut up about it.

He does professional drone stuff using iPhone, iPad and MacBook.