Apple Watch Series 6

Before COVID, I wore a regular watch all the time and like watches, never an Apple Watch.

I don't do sleep tracking or Apple Pay and while I do like the faces and complications, so far I just haven't had any of them really impact my day.

When I get up to California and can activate the ECG and then when Fitness+ comes by January, maybe I'll find it more useful.

I got my wife the 2nd-gen Watch when it first came out and she's completely tied to it because her and her friends share fitness data all day (fun competition) but she says when it dies, she doesn't want to get another because she resents being so tied to it.

I'm at the point where I'm annoyed when I have to take it off and charge it. It'll buzz me 45 minutes before my scheduled "bedtime" and tell me to charge so it can sleep track.

I'm at the point where I'm annoyed when I have to take it off and charge it. It'll buzz me 45 minutes before my scheduled "bedtime" and tell me to charge so it can sleep track.
Which watch do you have? I’d do sleep tracking but the damn thing keeps waking me up!

Which watch do you have? I’d do sleep tracking but the damn thing keeps waking me up!
Series 4. It should silence notifications when it detects you're sleeping.

The last part, yes. The doxing and friends/family contacted was another group.

I took a long break and totally disappeared for a while. I left the continent with no electronic devices and no one outside my immediate family and friends knew where I was, and even they only knew generally.

well, glad you're safe, man. no one should have to put up with shit like that.

Last edited:
I loved Knight Rider when I was a kid and I thought it was fucking cool when Michael would call KITT by talking into his watch.

Ironically, now when I see people talking into their apple watches, I think they look like faggots.

I loved Knight Rider when I was a kid and I thought it was fucking cool when Michael would call KITT by talking into his watch.

Ironically, now when I see people talking into their apple watches, I think they look like faggots.

I use the walkie talkie feature with my wife all the time. I'm sure I'm an exception to your rule.

I use the walkie talkie feature with my wife all the time. I'm sure I'm an exception to your rule.
200.gif

• Funny!
Reactions: Me
@RoyMunson Did the sleep tracking last night for the first time and you're right, it didn't do anything to wake me up once I had it all set up. Also, the alarm is about the most gentle I can imagine.

Got my plane ticket bought and will have the watch next Friday. Going to be my first Apple Watch.
Excellent now we can track him and get the location to all his prepper supplies - Apple

• Funny!
Reactions: Me
Excellent now we can track him and get the location to all his prepper supplies - Apple
I take some, not much but some solace in the fact that Apple has defied court orders to unlock devices, even in cases where the guilt of a criminal could be substantiated.

I take some, not much but some solace in the fact that Apple has defied court orders to unlock devices, even in cases where the guilt of a criminal could be substantiated.
That's only because they want to be the only ones that know where your stash is so when civilization ends their elite commando team can kill and raid you for your resources so they can recreate the world based on their utopian models. By buying the watch you have doomed yourself.

That's only because they want to be the only ones that know where your stash is so when civilization ends their elite commando team can kill and raid you for your resources so they can recreate the world based on their utopian models. By buying the watch you have doomed yourself.
You think I'm a lunatic for having food, water and fuel on hand. LOL I realize you're kidding (you are kidding, right?) but if not, you misunderstand the motivation for my prepping efforts.

I did a trip to LA in December and then another 10 days ago. First trip got ECG activated and then last trip got the update to the app done that allows for doing ECGs at elevated heart rates (if I understand correctly).