Movie Aquaman 2: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
Aquaman 2: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom will be the 13th 14th 15th film of the DC Extended Universe (DCEU), following The Flash Shazam! 2: Fury of the Gods The Flash Blue Beetle and preceding Shazam! 2: Fury of the Gods The Flash Blue Beetle with no announced movie following it.

James Wan will return to direct, and Jason Momoa will return to star. The film will be released on Friday, December 16, 2022 Friday, March 17, 2023 Monday, December 25, 2023.

Logo:

MV5BM2QyYTRkMjMtMDk5NC00OTc0LWIyYTYtNGNhMzRjMTNhNGNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc0NzQzNTM@.jpg

WB continuing to show everything is going well as part of a master plan for DC by announcing that Aquaman 2 will be delayed almost a year to Monday, December 25, 2023.

WB continuing to show everything is going well as part of a master plan for DC by announcing that Aquaman 2 will be delayed almost a year to Monday, December 25, 2023.
They’ve pretty much admitted their isn’t a master plan and that’s why they are trying to hire someone to be over the DC properties.

That being said the Flash movie is polling well with audience to the degree Dark Night did which is surprising. If Aquaman can not contradict that story line and the next Wonder Woman can be written to tie in then they have a shot at developing something without a complete reboot.

I’m betting Flash will have to be recast as that dude is insane.

The multi-universe concept isn’t terrible if it gives us movies like the last Batman and Joker movies. I just wish they had left space in the Joker movie where those two existed in the same universe.

There is some good DC stuff out there it is just being overshadowed:

Batman was good
Joker was good
Titans is much better than it should be.

I loved the first Wonder Women but who ever let the second one see the light of day is an idiot.

Let’s see if they get Flash and Aguaman right.

ViewerAnon said:
I've heard from more than one person James Wan has had a worse experience on AQUAMAN 2 than he had on FURIOUS 7, a movie he was having a terrible time on (hi, Vin!) *before* Paul Walker died.

The first one was just ok and they lost all their momentum.

I don't think you could screw up the DC Universe any worse and the start was that abysmal Wonder Woman 1984. The first Wonder Woman was great and if they had hit the second one out of the park then they could have built off of it but now there isn't a person on the planet that has any faith or trust in DC if it isn't a stand-alone film like Patterson's Batman or Joker.

Teaser for the trailer upcoming in 4 days:

They'll have to pay me to watch another Aquaman movie.

Aquaman is the best superhero. And he's got cool Polynesian tats.

Variety: "Aquaman Flooded with Drama"

TLDR version:

Amber Heard originally beat out Abbey Lee Kershaw for the role of Mera. Jason Momoa was late to work and drunk on set, dressed like Johnny Depp, and tried to get Amber Heard fired, which Warner Bros. was originally willing to do until Elon Musk threatened the studio to make them keep Amber Heard. Early cuts of the film performed horribly in test screenings, forcing lots of reshoots.

Brothers poster:

pinaemyxk50c1.jpg

I'll watch it.... At home on one of my streaming channels. It's just a movie, I'm sure I've seen worse.

The last movie of the DCEU came out yesterday, and most of the world didn't even notice. The critic reviews are bad, and the movie is bombing at the box office, just like the 7 DCEU movies before it.

But I went to see it!

And the final, very last scene of the DCEU:

Someone enjoying a cockroach sandwich.

Something, something, metaphor for the franchise as a whole, etc., etc.

:lol: