Avalanche!!!!

I always thought being a farmer would be a great life until I read about silo deaths. Fuck that.
Uncle worked in a grain silo. Was burnt in a blast but not bad. I think some died. Don't remember the story all that well told about 45 yrs ago

One of my dad’s clients told a story about riding the school bus home and the guy next to him had his head out the window yelling something, he herd a thump and the body moved back in the bus without a head.

I wasn’t there when the story was told have no idea if it’s true but damn.
Old boss of mine had a fucked up arm. Was in Military and on a bus with elbow sticking out window and hit a sign.

Uncle worked in a grain silo. Was burnt in a blast but not bad. I think some died. Don't remember the story all that well told about 45 yrs ago

One of my first jobs out of high school was going to the top of a grain elevator to sweep dust down into their huge vacuum system. That dust could cause a massive explosion.

We'd look out the window from up there and see train cars a mile long waiting to unload their grain. Once we got the top swept we'd have to go down and wash out the grain cars one by one.

My dad always told me "You want to get paid for what you know and not for what you do". I ignored that wisdom all through high school until it hit me one day that I was a dime-a-dozen employee.

I joined the Air Force soon after. LOL

This is the grain elevator I worked at.

1704949782960.png

It exploded 2 years later...

One of my first jobs out of high school was going to the top of a grain elevator to sweep dust down into their huge vacuum system. That dust could cause a massive explosion.

We'd look out the window from up there and see train cars a mile long waiting to unload their grain. Once we got the top swept we'd have to go down and wash out the grain cars one by one.

My dad always told me "You want to get paid for what you know and not for what you do". I ignored that wisdom all through high school until it hit me one day that I was a dime-a-dozen employee.

I joined the Air Force soon after. LOL

This is the grain elevator I worked at.

View attachment 114548

It exploded 2 years later...

That one looks bigger than the one he worked at. Maybe 2 times size. Thank goodness you were long gone.

I've always thought drowning would be my worst way to die, but I'd have to put suffocating in an avalanche up there.

I think falling down an ice crevasse on a mountain or glacier would be worse. I'll take drowning or an avalanche over that.

Anyone got any footage of Will Ferrell running away from it?

Run Ricky Bobby GIF - Run Ricky Bobby Will Ferrell GIFs

Anyone else been to Squaw Valley USA in South Lake Tahoe? The new name is Pallisades, but this is the old Squaw Valley USA Ski Resort. They hosted the 1960 Olympics.

Just watched a documentary about an avalanche around there on Netflix. There was a lady buried for like a week in a collapsed building that lived.