Back at it Tuesday

So, how's everyone else's day going? I just completely forgot that one of my direct reports' dad had died last year and asked how he (the dad) was doing.

How did that go?

Not really the same but the girl I am seeing and I were out to dinner with my friends and her daughter and she (the daughter) was showing pictures and I was joking (because I was just told she had a bf) and said, "is that your BF" and she was like, "No, that's my dad"

So, how's everyone else's day going? I just completely forgot that one of my direct reports' dad had died last year and asked how he (the dad) was doing.
Yikes.

So, I assume the answer was, "not so well."

How did that go?

Not really the same but the girl I am seeing and I were out to dinner with my friends and her daughter and she (the daughter) was showing pictures and I was joking (because I was just told she had a bf) and said, "is that your BF" and she was like, "No, that's my dad"
I was kind of able to do some damage control and at least have a productive meeting with her, but it was a train wreck for probably five minutes or so.

I was kind of able to do some damage control and at least have a productive meeting with her, but it was a train wreck for probably five minutes or so.

Yeah I am sure it was a little mess.. I am glad you were able to do some damage control...

Really wanted to just hang up the call and hide under my desk.
Oh, shit.

Not that I'd want to make that gaffe at all, but for some reason I feel like if I had to, I'd rather do it in person instead of over the phone.

How often do you talk to this guy?

Oh, shit.

Not that I'd want to make that gaffe at all, but for some reason I feel like if I had to, I'd rather do it in person instead of over the phone.

How often do you talk to this guy?
Every two weeks in our one on one.

For some reason, it just completely slipped my mind that her dad had passed. I think it happened in September. It wasn't even something I should have asked about directly, I usually try to talk to my folks about stuff I know is going on with them or their interests before we wade into work matters.

I got to wear the dumb boss hat today.

Every two weeks in our one on one.

For some reason, it just completely slipped my mind that her dad had passed. I think it happened in September. It wasn't even something I should have asked about directly, I usually try to talk to my folks about stuff I know is going on with them or their interests before we wade into work matters.

I got to wear the dumb boss hat today.
Sorry, dude.

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

Pretty much living in uncharted waters right now a week after a Michigan Natty and the Lions headed for their second home playoff game on Sunday vs the Bucs with a chance to play for the NFC Title.

Really feel like the Lions have a great chance to do this.
Thats the hope and desire you need for a real thorough heart breaking.

Good for you

what about redesign would bother you?
Thank you!

I'm on my 2nd 4Runner, and one of the things I love about them is that they haven't fundamentally changed in 20+ years. They're tried and true. You know what you're getting and you know it's bulletproof. If it's not broke, don't fix it and all that.

It's my understanding that they're only making the engine redesign to help their fleet meet emissions/environmental mandates on the horizon.

I just wish it would be left alone because you start messing with shit and, like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Thank you!

I'm on my 2nd 4Runner, and one of the things I love about them is that they haven't fundamentally changed in 20+ years. They're tried and true. You know what you're getting and you know it's bulletproof. If it's not broke, don't fix it and all that.

It's my understanding that they're only making the engine redesign to help their fleet meet emissions/environmental mandates on the horizon.

I just wish it would be left alone because you start messing with shit and, like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
Ah, what comforts me is they're using tried and true engines and platforms still, just adjusting for both Tacoma/4Runner

But I get what you're saying. Redesign doesn't scare me however, but possibly over confident in Toyota