Badass Cars at your High School

Some guy had this Mercury Cyclone with a 429.
It was fast....when it ran.

1650256415605.png

Everyone thought this guy couldn't be beat, but he never raced it. So we never knew.
It was a Dodge Dart with a supposed 340 6 pack.
I think it was a lame ass 318.
It looked good.

1650256740747.png

Me and this guy had the fastest, consistent cars. They ran all the time.
He had this.

1650257926783.png

The cars a my high school that looked remotely like those pictured above were not driven by many high schoolers. There would be the odd kid who's parents bought him a nice car but most of the muscle that drove back and forth at lunch was owned by recent grads with mill jobs. And we had good paying mill jobs.

GTX, Super Bee, Daytona super Bee (1 only), Road Runners, Chargers, Challengers, GTOs, 442s, GSXs., a Hemi Cuda to go with a 440 version, Chevelles of all engine sizes. The Mopars covered everything engine wise too, 340 (360's hadn't shown when I was in high school) , 383, 440, 426. There was one Anglia, purpose built who dropped by. Not a lot of Vettes and Firebirds and Camaros seemed not as popular.

A sunny day at lunch you were guaranteed entertainment.

What was funny was when the guy who got the first Kawasaki 500 in town kicked muscled asses. He never made it to 21 though.

Last edited:
1st_Ford_Taurus_GL_sedan.jpg

The cars a my high school that looked remotely like those pictured above were not driven by many high schoolers. There would be the odd kid who's parents bought him a nice car but most of the muscle that drove back and forth at lunch was owned by recent grads with mill jobs. And we had good paying mill jobs.

GTX, Super Bee, Daytona super Bee (1 only), Road Runners, Chargers, Challengers, GTOs, 442s, GSXs., a Hemi Cuda to go with a 440 version, Chevelles of all engine sizes. The Mopars covered everything engine wise too, 340 (360's hadn't shown when I was in high school) , 383, 440, 426. There was one Anglia, purpose built who dropped by. Not a lot of Vettes and Firebirds and Camaros seemed not as popular.

A sunny day at lunch you were guaranteed entertainment.

What was funny was when the guy who got the first Kawasaki 500 in town kicked muscled asses. He never made it to 21 though.
I would have thought someone in your class had them a Model T or something.

And here I thought that every High School ever had it's share of these kinds of cars.

Seems to be few and far between.

I can hardly remember what anybody else drove. I did have a buddy with a Trans Am and a big block in it. He was probably the fastest ride.

I had a Dart with a 318. Quick in the quarter but couldn't hang in the half mile.

Lots of Chevelles, Camaros, Novas, Mustangs, but almost as many trucks

And here I thought that every High School ever had it's share of these kinds of cars.

Seems to be few and far between.

We had the one Anglia as I stated. It was barely street legal.

These days there are a lot of 40's and 50's cars here. All drive by guys older than me.

I prefer new non-EV tech.

It looked almost exactly like this, but it was white with black interior. It too was a '51.

anglia.jpg