Poll Ban Pick Off Move?

Ban pick off move, make pitchers step off runner?

• Yes

• No

• Either way, I want some ‘tater hot dish.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 25,000.00
Proposal: ban the ‘pick off’ move.
That is, make pitchers step off the rubber before throwing to a base.

Vote and discuss.

Yes. Watching pitchers get away with obvious balks because they get a friendly ump at first is silly.
Lefties getting a clear advantage is silly.
This might lead to a few more stolen bases: good, mlb can use a few more stolen bases.

Nah, but only give them two throws per batter, and the runner is given second base of the pitcher makes a third move

No. I can think of no reason to ban pickoff moves. just because it goes against your team doesn't mean it was a balk.

No shit. I already told you why.
lisa simpson episode 22 GIF

Leave baseball (or what's left of it) alone.
Leave which part alone? The shift? Putting tar on pitched balls? Putting up actual outfield fences? Four pitch intentional walks? Changing pitchers for every batter? Not letting non Caribbean black people play?
Which baseball* should we leave alone?

Leave which part alone? The shift? Putting tar on pitched balls? Putting up actual outfield fences? Four pitch intentional walks? Changing pitchers for every batter? Not letting non Caribbean black people play?

can the players still scratch their balls and spit?

Do whatever you want, but stop crying because someone on your team got picked off.

Right, replacing umpires with robots and lasers is the same as segregation.