"baseball is so much better now"

1:45 I see a guy that kinda looks like Barry Bonds? A cousin?

1994? The year that damn near killed baseball and was saved by great men like Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds?

Soft tossers and slap hitters. That’s all baseball had prior to 1998. You can disagree, but you’d be wrong
Cincinnati Reds Baseball GIF

At least one guy would disagree with you. Man, you seriously can't tell me you love baseball if you think that way. If you really do, I'm sorry.

"Those guys who smoke cigarettes and drank beer between innings and pitched double-header complete games? I dare them to play now!"

1994? The year that damn near killed baseball and was saved by great men like Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds?

Soft tossers and slap hitters. That’s all baseball had prior to 1998. You can disagree, but you’d be wrong
Prior to 1998? My boy Canseco was a 40/40 guy way before that! And you obviously have never witnessed the American firepower of the likes of Brady Anderson or Brett Boone

Cincinnati Reds Baseball GIF

At least one guy would disagree with you. Man, you seriously can't tell me you love baseball if you think that way. If you really do, I'm sorry.
I mention slap hitters, you post Pete Rose. I can’t think of a better example of a slap hitter than Pete Rose

"Those guys who smoke cigarettes and drank beer between innings and pitched double-header complete games? I dare them to play now!"
The pitchers would be throwing batting practice and the hitters would be blown away by modern fastballs

Who is this soft tosser?
winter-haven-united-states-atlanta-braves-manager-bobby-cox-smokes-a-cigar-in-the-dugout-during.jpg

Prior to 1998? My boy Canseco was a 40/40 guy way before that! And you obviously have never witnessed the American firepower of the likes of Brady Anderson or Brett Boone
Fitting that boomers that think everything was better back in the day would bring up the biggest snitch in sports history.

Brett Boone was a Brave and Brady Anderson represents everything right with steroids

I mention slap hitters, you lost Pete Rose. I can’t think of a better example of a slap hitter than Pete Rose
Rose was dog shit. He benefitted greatly from the absolute jokes of ballparks in St Louis, Philly, PA, and Cincinnati. Imagine half of your division having fields that were roller rinks

With any sport, the more modern you get, the better the players will be. Not modern players fault that old players were too dumb to figure out modern nutrition, workouts, practice and analytics on their own