Battlefield 2024

I learned long ago that video game trailers are 100% full of shit. I'll wait to see the gameplay, but wonder what ground breaking advances this one can have. My guess is they will say it is still too hard to have AI bots.

And No Battler royale :clap:, just not for me and a lot of people. Finally a game that is focusing on some classic PvP, definitely keeping a close eye on this one

Gonna have a hard time getting all those bells and whistles through pipes with strong tickrate/netcode.

SBMM? Private servers? Geo-Lock?

If they check a majority of the boxes...I might have to build a gaming rig.

Y’all see the portal thing? Custom servers whatever you want from multiple battlefield games. You can do German soldiers with knives vs battlefield 3 Chinese with repair tools. Going to be fun.

Just pre-ordered it a few days ago. I'm hoping they're able to capture some of how great BF4 was without the terrible launch of BF4. BF has always been my go-to until these battle royal games came out. Hoping the vehicle play is better than the past few games they've put out. And I wonder if they'll actually succeed at some point in putting a battle royal mode into one of the BF games.

One of the things they've really screwed up since BF4 was how the guns and attachments progressed. You could basically get the gun yo uwanted from the start and never change a thing. It was boring.

OK, I'm totally confused. Is it "Battlefield 2024" or "Battlefield 2042"?

Asking for a friend.

Had the game for a bit now, so far it's average at best. Tons of major issues with connectivity and glitching. but the biggest problem I have is that the maps seem really bland.

The map designs are all really similar, in between major conquest points there's basically just flat land; and in most of the maps it's lacking even grass or texture. It's literally just flat snow or mud. So you end up running a mile in wide open areas with nothing to hide behind from snipers. IDK the map design just seems really lazy compared to previous BF games.

There's typically a ton of buildings that are destructible, with multiple levels. Places to have inside battles in a city vs. the long open battles in the field-type parts of the map. But basically all that is missing in the game. Buildings that do exist are either huge skyscrapers with one floor on the bottom and one floor at the top - or - small little trailers plopped randomly at capture points. I honestly don't know what they were thinking.

The vehicles are bland and basically the same thing from previous BF games. Basic tank, basic light armored vehicle, helicopter, plane and transport vehicles. They're way overpowered in this particular game right now and from the start you lack anything to hit aircraft. There's no innovation here, no different types of vehicles/guns/weapons on the vehicles. more importantly, the controls really suck unless you're on a PC with a joystick; so players with that advantage basically control the air.

The gun classes make no sense. Unlike previous BF games you can basically play any gun, with any equipment with any class type. There's no limitations that prevent you from having equipment (like C4) and the best gun in the game. You don't have to choose an advantage anywhere, players are all just running around with the same equipment. In previous games you'd have to choose your advantage and disadvantage. Want to play sniper? Then you can't have explosives. Want to play engineer? Well you can't have assault rifles then. Just really dumb and makes every person you encounter the same. This is the COD layout and I didn't buy BF to play a COD game.

Just not very impressed so far. We'll see how they do with updates. BF4 started off pretty bad and got better, but there's something about this gameplay that just seems incredibly lackluster compared to other BF games. Maps change and it doesn't even feel like I'm playing different maps, just kind of blends together into a bland experience. Right now I'd give it like a 6/10. Unless they change something with an update quick, the gameplay will get boring within the month and I'll probably have to go back to playing Warzone until Halo comes out. Just nothing innovative or fun about the game right now.

To add, the "portal" mode where you can play certain modes of the previous games is the best part of the game. And it's the best part because you get to play old BF games where BF was actually good.

Another week in and I really don't think this game has any longevity. I'm about done playing it. Only thing I've found fun is the sniping; which is always better in BF games than COD games. But the maps are just so bad. And the graphics are just so surprisingly bad for being the first game on the next gen consoles. Honestly, I think BF1 and BFV looked better on my XBox one. There's no textures, no grass, the buildings look like N64 buildings. It's just overall a really bad experience so far compared to previous games. Hell, Bf4 might look better.

Look at this,

2042:
battlefield-2042-new-image-6.jpg

BF4
Battlefield-4-Angry-Sea.jpg

The bottom game is from EIGHT years ago.

Another week in and I really don't think this game has any longevity. I'm about done playing it. Only thing I've found fun is the sniping; which is always better in BF games than COD games. But the maps are just so bad. And the graphics are just so surprisingly bad for being the first game on the next gen consoles. Honestly, I think BF1 and BFV looked better on my XBox one. There's no textures, no grass, the buildings look like N64 buildings. It's just overall a really bad experience so far compared to previous games. Hell, Bf4 might look better.

Look at this,

2042:
battlefield-2042-new-image-6.jpg

BF4
Battlefield-4-Angry-Sea.jpg

The bottom game is from EIGHT years ago.
I’m having fun playing portal. Which is the problem, the base game is garbage. This conquest BF3 server is great. The rush BF bad company 2 was fun.
regular 2042 is a bunch of bullshit

Such a shame to see what's happened to Battlefield after sooooooo much fun in 1942, Vietnam and 2 (and to a lesser degree 3). It's been downhill since 2.

Such a shame to see what's happened to Battlefield after sooooooo much fun in 1942, Vietnam and 2 (and to a lesser degree 3). It's been downhill since 2.
I think BF4 was a really good game by the end of it. TONS of content and a variety of different maps. IMO it was the last really great BF game in the franchise. It seems like whatever team is currently in control is more concerned with trying to throw in gaming trends into BF rather than making a good BF game.

Honestly, I just stopped playing this one. It's just a bad game, period. like 3/10. There are some "battlefield moments" but they're few and far between. And everyone running around with the same loadout because they got rid of classes is just stupid. They got rid of the scoreboard for gods sake. You're literally just playing for nothing.

My favorite part is that the loading screen is a giant naval ship -- and there's not a sea/ship aspect to the game at all. This whole team needs to be fired and they need to get back to basics. Hire someone that isn't trying to make Warzone or Call of Duty 2.0.

They need to
-Bring back classes and force certain attachments into them, forcing people to play a variety of different things.
-Develop large maps with tons of content within; buildings. Destructible buildings
-Bring back naval battles like they had in 1942 and Vietnam; games that are literally 15-20 years old.
-Simplify scoring. Kills/deaths = -1 to the conquest count. The end
-Vehicles spawn on the map, not in the menu screen
- Weapons are numerous, and attachments have to be unlocked with use/completing challenges.

And I would say that a Battle Royal mode seems like it would translate directly to a BF game but the idiots in control can't seem to get that right. So fix the game first. At this point I'm really not hopeful, given what they've put out the last 3-4 times, that they'll ever right this ship.

It's fucking insane. All you can see is the player list and your squad of 4 people out of the 100+ players in the match. You can't tell how you're doing compared to everyone else, you can't easily see kill/deaths. Nothing on it makes any sense. You can't tell if someone is obviously cheating. It's completely un-fun.

Haven’t played the game since mid December. It’s dead AF. Reinstalled BF1, had FUN playing it. Fuck EA.
I hope they all lose money.

Haven’t played the game since mid December. It’s dead AF. Reinstalled BF1, had FUN playing it. Fuck EA.
I hope they all lose money.
I never even bought it after watching a few hours of streams for a few days. EA has been on my no money list since anthem fuck them in their asshole faces