Beef Jerky

Well fuck… gonna need to make a trip to Tacoma this weekend to get a jar of Loves jerky I guess. Fuck this thread.

Anyone have a favorite recipe to make Beef Jerky?

I'm going to make some soon and use equal parts Soy and Worcestershire.

with garlic and onion powder

with a little kick from chili pepper
That all sounds good. I usually use Hi-country jerky blend and add my own garden pepper mix in addition. I then smoke it at 180 until fine.

If your jaw doesn’t hurt after a jerky binge you’re doing it wrong.

Son gave me a “man crate” for Christmas...didn’t know what the fuck that was but when I got it open it had several packages of jerky...(different flavors and styles)..which was cool by me.... most of the packages were almost melt in your mouth...... fuck that ....

Throw in some brown sugar, black pepper and salt.....hope this isn’t too late ... :pound:

Reactions: Fog

I used to do thin sliced venison with something similar to those ingredients and it was popular....then I went to a sweeter thicker sliced beef roast jerky that was popular too....so I guess what I’ve discovered is that as long as I’m doing all the work everyone loves my jerky...... :heh:

I used to do thin sliced venison with something similar to those ingredients and it was popular....then I went to a sweeter thicker sliced beef roast jerky that was popular too....so I guess what I’ve discovered is that as long as I’m doing all the work everyone loves my jerky...... :heh:
The original recipe included liquid smoke and you dried in the oven. I have a smoker so who needs liquid smoke.

The soak time with the brine of choice is how thin or thick your meat is....

I've never done venison....that sounds good.... :beer2:

I love me that dried sausage too.......I used to buy the Hunters sausade at Hyvee,but for what ever reason they quit selling all the dried sausage.....

As for beef jerky,if in season,its deer jerky for me,otherwise I buy Old Trappers.......

f8040937-c845-45fe-9fce-dee79650c524.a40b8d39e9d4d72ee55695e0024bae38.jpeg.jpg