Movie Beetlejuice 2 (2024)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00

Keaton, Ryder, and Ortega will star in it. Ortega is slated to play Ryder's daughter.

Keaton, Ryder, and Ortega will star in it. Ortega is slated to play Ryder's daughter.

i guess i should watch the first one then

i guess i should watch the first one then

beetle juice its show time GIF

A "Beetlejuice" sequel has been "in the works" for 30 years now and never got enough traction to actually make. That tells me it keeps being forced with minimal money and creativity backing it. If it actually does get made this time, my expectations will be very low.

Alec Baldwin, if he's on set, could really send someone to their death. Won't have to be pretend.

Sounds like a straight-to-streaming money grab.

A "Beetlejuice" sequel has been "in the works" for 30 years now and never got enough traction to actually make. That tells me it keeps being forced with minimal money and creativity backing it. If it actually does get made this time, my expectations will be very low.
Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder have had nice resurgences in their careers over the last few years...it might actually make sense for it to happen now while before they didn't gave the star power.

since Birdman and Stranger Things though, they do.

Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder have had nice resurgences in their careers over the last few years...it might actually make sense for it to happen now while before they didn't gave the star power.

since Birdman and Stranger Things though, they do.
If it takes career resurgences from Keaton and Ryder, then that tells me the scripts have been and still are far from 'slam dunks'.

If it takes career resurgences from Keaton and Ryder, then that tells me the scripts have been and still are far from 'slam dunks'.
I mean, was the original ever a slam dunk? I think even that was more of a cult classic.

is it worth seeing without Tim Burton tied to it?

I mean, was the original ever a slam dunk? I think even that was more of a cult classic.

is it worth seeing without Tim Burton tied to it?
fair points

fair points
I think it is prime for a sequel or something. The nostalgia alone would get me watching it.

I don't know if they keep Beetlejuice's pervy level as high. You go back and watch it now and you're like "damn, I watched this as a kid?!"

I think it is prime for a sequel or something. The nostalgia alone would get me watching it.

I don't know if they keep Beetlejuice's pervy level as high. You go back and watch it now and you're like "damn, I watched this as a kid?!"

Yeah, nobody in Hollywood has any fresh ideas and creativity keeps getting suppressed by the social media activist mobs, so they keep sequeling, spinning off and redoing past ideas. Moving on this sequel is probably more out of desperation than anything. All that said, I still plan to keep an eye on it. My expectations are low, but that doesn't mean interest is null.

I'm apprehensive about Beetlejuice's perviness. It's part of his character, so I'd want it in there; but I'd also want the same plane of perviness. Hollywood is so twisted right now that I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if they change his personality to make him part of the alphabet community.

Yeah, nobody in Hollywood has any fresh ideas and creativity keeps getting suppressed by the social media activist mobs, so they keep sequeling, spinning off and redoing past ideas. Moving on this sequel is probably more out of desperation than anything. All that said, I still plan to keep an eye on it. My expectations are low, but that doesn't mean interest is null.

I'm apprehensive about Beetlejuice's perviness. It's part of his character, so I'd want it in there; but I'd also want the same plane of perviness. Hollywood is so twisted right now that I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if they change his personality to make him part of the alphabet community.
I disagree. There are plenty of fresh ideas out there and some of my favorite movies from recent years are fresh (Everything Everywhere All At Once, Jojo Rabbit, etc).

there is a flood of retreads, that's for sure...and that number is much bigger than the original ideas...but you can't say there aren't fresh ideas out there.

I disagree. There are plenty of fresh ideas out there and some of my favorite movies from recent years are fresh (Everything Everywhere All At Once, Jojo Rabbit, etc).

there is a flood of retreads, that's for sure...and that number is much bigger than the original ideas...but you can't say there aren't fresh ideas out there.
We've got an agreed-upon font for sarcasm; we should make one for intentional exaggeration.

Teaser trailer: