Best game ever?

Battlefield 3 and 4 were pretty damn amazing. We will see if battlefield 6 can bring the franchise back to life.
I hope, even though I have been enjoying battlefield V

Best Gameplay with friends-Goldeneye revolutionized everything. Halo was probably better but Goldeneye was first

Best Story (as well as a damn good game) FF7

I hope, even though I have been enjoying battlefield V
Just logged back on. Saw they dropped some more skins. I like to have my character actually look WWII. Was shooting japs on Iwo but now I’m rocking my daughter to sleep so I’m sure I just got kicked. God damn babies, was in the top squad too.

Battlefield 1942 or Goldeneye. Game within the last decade? Probably Battlefield 4 for me.

Battlefield 3 and 4 were pretty damn amazing. We will see if battlefield 6 can bring the franchise back to life.
Battlefield 4 was awesome. I've been a BF fan since 1942 on PC. Really disappointed with the direction EA took it. Things I think they need to do in future games to fix some of the issues:

1. They need to bring back naval warfare to some of the maps. Put in ships (carriers, battleships, subs) that can actually fight each other and work with what's happening on land to win a map.

2. They need to stick with larger maps, the small maps end up feeling like COD games with no vehicles. Just chaos hip spraying and snipers. BF 4 had some really nice huge maps. If you crashed a plane somewhere, you were like god damn it I have to walk SO FAR now.

3. I think the vehicles should spawn ON THE MAP again. Rather than have people waiting in the death screen for vehicles, it removes a key aspect of the game; being able to sneak into an enemy base and take one of their own vehicles. Jumping out of a plane, landing on a tank in an enemy base and taking the base was awesome in BF4 and prior games.

4. weapon progression needs to be EXACTLY like BF4. When you started you had shit guns with shit attachments and you actually had to do unique things to progress them. Not just kills, you had to get like 50 headshots with X gun to unlock X scope. It made it fun to try new weapons to get the attachments you wanted. Especially because you had to work up to the best guns in the game. I think they removed this for the fucking12 year olds who can't handle actually playing a game; later even offering the "Buy" feature for unlocks where you could pay money for them. The progression in the new games has sucked. You basically get all the guns to start because it's based on in-game currency that means nothing after the first few levels and you buy all the guns you want, the attachments are basically given and then you're done. I really miss the satisfaction of leveling up a sniper and finally getting the really long distance scope. Or finally doing the challenge to unlock the gun you wanted.

5. The classes need to be better balanced. You should only be able to use certain guns with certain classes and certain perks/side weapons with certain classes. The most recent games everyone falls into basically two classes because the others are pointless. You should have the explosives' class have semi auto rifles or something like that, not the assault class. You should have the sniper have all the sneaky stuff, like bouncing betty's, not the engineer class. The assault class should have the best machine guns, but the worst perks. I really hate the class balance in the newer games, BF4 did that really well.

/end of rant. Fucking EA.

Perfect Dark 360 never gets enough love, that game was great

Final Fantasy VII....let's get this remake finished!

Obviously Skyrim.

Obviously Skyrim.

Skyrim is in my top 5 games of all time for sure. I think it's easily the best Elder Scrolls game.

My archer/sneak wood elf could one-shot giants.

Hard to pick a best ever.

Probably the one I spend the most time playing online was Quake 2. Lot of mods came out for that game.

On the GameCube, Metroid Prime was a pretty perfect game, but I doubt I would even play it now.

Diablo 2 maybe?

I'm finally almost finished with Dark Souls 3. Gonna have to buy a PS5 so I can plat the Demon's Souls remake ... There goes 1,500 bucks ...

Skyrim is in my top 5 games of all time for sure. I think it's easily the best Elder Scrolls game.

My bro in law did the exact same thing. Basically created a ninja and snuck around shooting everybody like a sniper w his bow.

Im actually unaware of any other Elder Scroll games. I have the Skyrim ultimate edition? Or something. Level 43 orc. Just a destructor. I took advantage of the glitch where you can’t get the vampire back into her castle so she just follows me around and obliterates my enemies as I steal all their stuff. I have huge bounties in every region and I just go in and crush everything and take whatever I want thanks to her and my demon horse I got for leading the Dark Brotherhood.

Im not really video game guy (mostly played Madden forever) so when I got this game it blew my balls off. It still does. Last night I just fucked around and built a house on new land. For like an hour just building a house. It’s such a relaxing game.

My bro in law did the exact same thing. Basically created a ninja and snuck around shooting everybody like a sniper w his bow.

Im actually unaware of any other Elder Scroll games. I have the Skyrim ultimate edition? Or something. Level 43 orc. Just a destructor. I took advantage of the glitch where you can’t get the vampire back into her castle so she just follows me around and obliterates my enemies as I steal all their stuff. I have huge bounties in every region and I just go in and crush everything and take whatever I want thanks to her and my demon horse I got for leading the Dark Brotherhood.

Im not really video game guy (mostly played Madden forever) so when I got this game it blew my balls off. It still does. Last night I just fucked around and built a house on new land. For like an hour just building a house. It’s such a relaxing game.

Pro tip - If you want to gain levels fast, beat the shit out of that horse. It can't die and you gain XP by clobbering it.

It was for sure after the PC modders got together and fixed it. I have no idea why they took a PC franchise and made that one on console first then ported it to PC. Modding community is the real heroes of that game.

Do any of you old bastards remember Intellivision? It came out when the Atari2600 was released. We used to play Pitfall, Football and B17 Bomber a lot.

Best Sports game: NCAA 06
Honorable mention: Rocket League, SSX series

Best FPS: Halo CE
Honorable mention: Black Ops 1 & 2

Best RPG: Dragon Age Inquisition
Currently playing Witcher 3
Still haven't touch Skyrim :hide:, maybe after the Witcher

I have to separate for this. Online games have become such a great separate beast of their own that I can't comp[are the best single player/console game to the best online game ever.

For single player game it was always Zelda OoT for him. I didn't have a definitive favorite game of all time until that game came out. I don't think to this day I have ever replayed a game as much as that one and come to think of it I haven't done so in years now so I likely will again soon. However that said Zelda Breath of the Wild has done what I thought no other game would do and that makes me question my favorite game of all time. I haven't played through Breath of the Wild again but I haven't had to. There is so much in that game to do and explore and try to find even long after you beat the game especially with the expansion packs. Nearly 4 years later and over 160 hours into that game I still go back to it from time to time to try to unlock some more. Currently I am trying to unlock the motorcycle but I haven't gone back to do anything on that since last spring so I gotta return to that game soon.

Online it is a far harder question to answer. It's easier to do for eras than single player.

The original Unreal Tournament and Return to Castle Wolfenstein were classics to me. After that Battlefield 1942 and Counter Strike 1.6. Halo 3 and later Halo 5. SOCOM 1 & 2. Phantasy Star Online. DOTA 2.

But the game that over the past few years that has captured me like none other and still has me completely addicted to it is Players Unknown Battlegrounds, otherwise known as PUBG.