Best part of the Christmas Season

That it’s over soon?

I’d rather just go to work. Hate Christmas. The pagan holiday it replaced was probably more fun

The worst part of the season is people not realizing they are free to celebrate how they want. Bottoms up!
I’ve got family obligations, and I have to be nice to the cousins I don’t like. You bet your ass I’ll be drinking as soon as I get home. I don’t care about the rest, but don’t want my grandparents mad at me

Family getting together

View attachment 113609

I love my family, but, fortunately for me, none of us are into Christmas (we each have our little things we do - basically my brother and I still do little things that remind us of our mama), so other than the woman my brother's with, no one pressures the other over Christmas stuff, and even she's starting to learn trying to pressure anyone in my family into doing something doesn't usually turn out well, lol.

So, I get to relax and have a no pressure holiday with chosen family, and I hang out with my blood family at another time of the year. It works out beautifully.

May you and yours have a great one! :beer2:

I love my family, but, fortunately for me, none of us are into Christmas (we each have our little things we do - basically my brother and I still do little things that remind us of our mama), so other than the woman my brother's with, no one pressures the other over Christmas stuff, and even she's starting to learn trying to pressure anyone in my family into doing something doesn't usually turn out well, lol.

So, I get to relax and have a no pressure holiday with chosen family, and I hang out with my blood family at another time of the year. It works out beautifully.

May you and yours have a great one! :beer2:
Thank you. You, too.

Didn't you have a niece that you were trying to rehabilitate? Hope she got turned around.

Thank you. You, too.

Didn't you have a niece that you were trying to rehabilitate? Hope she got turned around.

Thanks!

That's a great memory you have.
She seems to finally be turning it around.
My fingers are crossed for her, and, of course, anything I can do to facilitate her keeping it "turned around" I'll do in a heartbeat.

When family leaves

Christmas Vacation GIF by hero0fwar

You can do that before the season ends?

The more you know...
Yep, looking forward to wife's spoiled brat daughter and her stupid dog leaving on Christmas Day

Not sure anymore other than not having to work. Old traditions as a kid are gone and some of the people that made them great have passed. Having stepkids & that schedule fucks those traditions up as well. Same for my cousins I want to hang around having similar schedules. Years like this one where they don't come home until Christmas Day makes it less special, though we get them more during their break.
Grew up used to having Christmas Eve with maternal grandparents and then Christmas morning with my parents. Now it's all over the place with in-laws involved too for everyone. Just a crap ton of running here & there all over the place. Didn't have that as a kid bc both sides of family were close. Not the case for my kids & stepkids.