• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 18,000.00
Tonight
West Virginia @ Virginia Tech

Friday
Virginia @ Syracuse

The game I'm most interested in is Coastal Carolina.

They've had back to back 11 win seasons under Jamey Chadwell, but at 3-0 they haven't been as dominant this season.
Army W 38-28
Gardner-Webb W 31-27 (ouch)
Buffalo W 38-26

@ Georgia St is 0-3

@ South Carolina L 35 -14
North Carolina L 35-28
Charlotte L 42-41

I'd like to see Coastal just win this game, but I'd like to see them win bigger than North Carolina did, and maybe as big as South Carolina did.

With Coastal Carolina's remaining schedule...

Georgia Southern (who beat Nebraska)
Old Dominion (who beat Virginia Tech)
@ Marshall (who beat Notre Dame)
Appalachian St (who beat Texas A&M)
@ Virginia
@ James Madison

If Coastal can get to 11 wins in a 3rd straight year, I'd like to see Trev Alberts give Jamey Chadwell a shot.

Being G5 it wouldn't be like Frost who only had one flash in the pan season at UCF.

Urbs is the only proven commodity available and he's not taking the Nebraska job. With the baggage he's unlikely even being considered anyway. Notre Dame is likely the only job he takes and it could open up in the next couple years.

Successful G5 head coaches or hot coordinators are all gambles.

I fucking hate when we play on scrub night.

Wahoos-Oranges & Broncos-Miners seem kinda bland and uninteresting.

Otoh, Mounties-Turkeys & Wolves-Falcons look like fun.

Teal Chickens-Panthers & Mocs-Illini could go either way entertainment-wise imo.

They've had back to back 11 win seasons under Jamey Chadwell, but at 3-0 they haven't been as dominant this season.
Army W 38-28
Buffalo W 38-26

@ Georgia St is 0-3

North Carolina L 35-28
Charlotte L 42-41

I'd like to see Coastal just win this game, but I'd like to see them win bigger than North Carolina did, and maybe as big as South Carolina did.

@ Virginia
@ James Madison

If Coastal can get to 11 wins in a 3rd straight year, I'd like to see Trev Alberts give Jamey Chadwell a shot.

Being G5 it wouldn't be like Frost who only had one flash in the pan season at UCF.

Urbs is the only proven commodity available and he's not taking the Nebraska job. With the baggage he's unlikely even being considered anyway. Notre Dame is likely the only job he takes and it could open up in the next couple years.

Coastal Carolina 21-7 @ Georgia St

1:45
1st Q

Army W 38-28
Buffalo W 38-26

@ Georgia St is 0-3

North Carolina L 35-28
Charlotte L 42-41

@ Virginia
@ James Madison

A 41-24 W (17 pts) on the road in Atlanta, I'll take it.

South Carolina (a WhoPhoneDis SEC Georgia gauntlet) beat Georgia St 35-14 (21 pts) in Columbia, SC.
North Carolina (ACC Mack Brown pimpin) beat them by just 7 pts in Atlanta.

I think it's gonna be hard for CCU to get to 11 wins again with this schedule, but if they do then Trev Alberts would be a fool not to give Jamey Chadwell a chance in Lincoln.

Toughest games remaining...

@ Virginia
@ James Madison

Coastal Carolina recruiting rankings...

2022: 69th
2021: 81st
2020: 99th
2019: 119th

Army W 38-28
Buffalo W 38-26

@ Georgia St is 0-3

North Carolina L 35-28
Charlotte L 42-41

@ Virginia
@ James Madison

My concern with the hire is ability to recruit outside of tobacco road. It's also how I see the Leipold hire. Both have never recruited at the level of detail it will take to win at Nebraska. This doesn't mean I presume either would fail, just that success would likely need a longer runway (for growth of the staff), and I'm not sure the fanbase is smart enough as a whole to see that.
You don't share the same concern about Chadwell?

Jamey Chadwell is on Trev Alberts radar via Joe Moglia who's a Nebraska guy and former CEO of TD Ameritrade (a Nebraska company).
Willie CORN was a rumor for OC last fall as well.