Poll Better Game ??? Thursday or Friday

Which is the better game

• Total voters
When I think of the next Nebraska Coach, I never had this name cross my mind

Wait What Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Thursday, whoever is playing CFB.
I wouldn’t watch the NFL if they were literally playing in my living room.
Why not? This season has been spectacular and last season had some great moments too

If you like football why not watch the best

My concern with the hire is ability to recruit outside of tobacco road. It's also how I see the Leipold hire. Both have never recruited at the level of detail it will take to win at Nebraska. This doesn't mean I presume either would fail, just that success would likely need a longer runway (for growth of the staff), and I'm not sure the fanbase is smart enough as a whole to see that.
You don't share the same concern about Chadwell?

I want to win.
I want someone who can put the pieces together.
I want someone who can get people lined up right.

John Blake was a great recruiter, but went 3-8, 4-8, 5-6 @ Oklahoma

1663954539407.png

This is literally what Northwestern and Georgia Southern did to Nebraska in the 4th Q.

You've got to be able to run the ball in the Big 10 and Chadwell's offense is well suited for it.

1663956675655.png

I want to win.
I want someone who can put the pieces together.
I want someone who can get people lined up right.

John Blake was a great recruiter, but went 3-8, 4-8, 5-6 @ Oklahoma
Oklahoma has made a good living off of hiring coordinators with no head coaching experience.
Boo wasn't one of them. Great recruiter though.

Not sure I know of any other major program that does that.

Oklahoma has made a good living off of hiring coordinators with no head coaching experience.

Yeah, Blake could recruit like no other.
Stoops took Blake's players to 13-0 in just two seasons.

It's like Bob Devaney did with Bill Jennings' players.
It's a matter of putting the pieces together and getting them lined up right.

1663957270502.png

Nebraska is pretty fortunate that so many big programs filled openings last season. TX, OU, USC, LSU, Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, Oregon.

Quite a few other programs made changes in 2020, so their HC's are only in their 2nd year and not likely to make changes this year.
FSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St, Mich St,

That may have been a part of why Alberts didn't fire Frost after the Iowa game last season.
However, there were also still a lot in the fan base that were Frost supporters ("He's Oh Sooo Close") and Trev needed to prove to them that Frost couldn't get it done. Northwestern and Georgia Southern did that.

Clemson got away with hiring a WR coach.

Dabo had never even been a coordinator.

Why not? This season has been spectacular and last season had some great moments too

If you like football why not watch the best
Just does nothing for me, I like the college and HS level better where more mistakes are made. The NFL guys to me are pros/best of the best ect. But pretty much look the same as far as watching teams play then throw in the PC/America hating/woke BS the last few years… no thanks, same with MLB and NBA as well, hell with em all.

I WILL check out the draft to see where the college guys I enjoyed watching go/wish em the best and try n figure out pro teams strategy ect. But past that I’m out.

Generally Thursday games are better. It's a good lead in to the weekend and you usually get something that's 11AM ESPN 2 or 330 ESPN quality. Not traditional network good but not buried on a conference network bad either. Friday night games might as well be on ESPN+.