Poll Better Job: Wisconsin or Nebraska?

Better Job

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 13,726.00
Both jobs are open

Wisconsin has been a more solid organization this century.

Leonhard is probably going to be the guy. Not sure I like that as they're still staying in the Alvarez shadow.

Controversial: It's Nebraska and it's not as close as some think.

Tell that to the last 5 guys that had the job, I'm not sure they'd agree

Wait for the "yOu FiReD a cOrCh ThAt wAs WiNNiNg 13 gAmEs" from maze&blew
I don't think this is gonna end well for Wisconsin either. At least in Nebraska's defense they were coming off of consistent natty contention, not pretending. This reeks of boosters throwing a tantrum.

Nebraska. Both play in talent poor areas, but Nebraska has more money and a far better history.

You’re not winning a natty at either place though
I'd say Nebraska has more to offer as far as NIL goes and the transfer potential is a lot better for Nebraska as well in said environment. It would not take that much for Nebraska to get going again, comparatively. There are more ways for Nebraska to be good than Wisconsin.

Can't help but think this is a classic "be careful what you wish for" moment for some Wisconsin boosters. Nebraska made the same/similar mistake... twice.

Nebraska cause its closer to the south.

Wisconsin is basically Canada

Nebraska. Both play in talent poor areas, but Nebraska has more money and a far better history.

You’re not winning a natty at either place though
Agree with both playing in poor talent areas, but Wisconsin is a school that attracts top offensive line talent because of putting OL into the NFL with their run heavy attack and don't have a fan base with thoughts of being nationally elite. They simply want to be in the top half of the B1G West and compete year in and year out for the West.

Money wise -- it is obviously Nebraska. But no coach in CFB today, that'd take the Nebraska job, will ever be able to achieve what Nebraska fans want and 'expect'. It'd take Warren Buffett giving the program a blank check for Nebraska to be able to compete with the Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, etc.

If Nebraska's fan base had realistic expectations, which should be on par with Wisconsin's ceiling, Nebraska would be the better job.

In the end though -- it will be the same result, no matter which job a coach takes. Competitive in the B1G West -- get the chance to be the sacrificial lamb in the B1G CCG against the B1G East champ.

This is Wisconsin's AD cutting the ties to Alvarez.
But why? Alvarez is the guy who helped turn the Wisconsin program into what it has become. Does the school not want anything to do with Alvarez?

But why? Alvarez is the guy who helped turn the Wisconsin program into what it has become. Does the school not want anything to do with Alvarez?
Right. But retired and works for the B1G main office. Now the new guy wants to make his mark. Don't necessarily agree with the firing. I figured Chryst's record would give him a Get Out of Jail Free card for at least one season.

I wouldn't be shocked if Harsin joins the list of unemployed.

So now, in terms of P5 teams, you have ASU, Wisky, Nebraska, and maybe Auburn.

Wild considering we are only in week 6.