Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Merger Is Seriously On The Table

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • A Scheduling Alliance Is On The Table

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Sharing Potato Salad Recipes

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
Yeah, some sort of scheduling arrangement with the B1G needs to happen.
Well I think they have something going on now, at least partial scheduling.

Michigan plays Washinton
Purdue plays Oregon St
Ohio St plays Oregon
Minnesota plays Colorado

I was more referring to conference merger.

You know what I think would be cool is to have an NFL style match up in that every year you play the team that finished in the same spot in the conference. So hypothetically if Ohio St and USC both finish 1st in their respective conferences, then they will face off next season, and so on down the line. Only down side is that the PAC would need to pick up 2 more teams to match.

Does this keep the orphan 8’s B12 a P5?

If not, this is a joke and waste of time. Ethier merge or stop this foolish “alliance” talk.

Well I think they have something going on now, at least partial scheduling.

Michigan plays Washinton
Purdue plays Oregon St
Ohio St plays Oregon
Minnesota plays Colorado

I was more referring to conference merger.

You know what I think would be cool is to have an NFL style match up in that every year you play the team that finished in the same spot in the conference. So hypothetically if Ohio St and USC both finish 1st in their respective conferences, then they will face off next season, and so on down the line. Only down side is that the PAC would need to pick up 2 more teams to match.
I'm thinking 2 games a year, but we'd have to make some PAC schools play 3

The AAC will end up taking several teams.
Kansas???
Not sure about them and their basketball, probably to the BIG like people are talking.

OSU
TT
WVU
ISU

Might just give the AAC the bump they need at the big boys table, come CFP time.

You ever notice the biggest impediment to every potential merger is the problem with pipsqueak schools sucking off the titties of a very small handful of programs that have to pull everyone's weight? Instead of just adding teams, the ideal solution would be to purge some of the dead weight and make room for decent schools to join that would actually contribute their fair share.

You ever notice the biggest impediment to every potential merger is the problem with pipsqueak schools sucking off the titties of a very small handful of programs that have to pull everyone's weight? Instead of just adding teams, the ideal solution would be to purge some of the dead weight and make room for decent schools to join that would actually contribute their fair share.

It would hurt feelings but the PAC would benefit from dumping Oregon State and Washington State and adding Texas Tech and Oklahoma State.

It would hurt feelings but the PAC would benefit from dumping Oregon State and Washington State and adding Texas Tech and Oklahoma State.
POST OF THE DAY

I mean it wouldn’t benefit. Texas or Oklahoma yeah. Probably Kansas.

Ever notice the Pac 12 was one of top conferences in the nation until Nike started buying athletic programs for Oregon.

I mean it wouldn’t benefit. Texas or Oklahoma yeah. Probably Kansas.

Ever notice the Pac 12 was one of top conferences in the nation until Nike started buying athletic programs for Oregon.

This is pretty stupid, even for you

Beating Texas Tech is fun. I don't even remember the last time Iowa State lost to the Red Raiders. I think it's 5 in a row? Heck, ISU even spanked 'em hard when Mahomes was there! Oklahoma State, on the other hand, is a complete P.I.T.A.! They are the only team in the Big Xii to have beaten ISU in each of the past two Regular Seasons - including being ISU's only conference loss in the Regular Season last year.

You are 100% correct. I think we need to stop the bullshit and form a super conference in football with only that handful of programs you reference. It'd only be enough teams for one conference. The other tittie suckers can for their own division or merge with the G5s. I do believe there is room for a group between P5s and G5s. Basketball and other sports can compete with the biggies and evidenced in winning nattys this year. Here's the million dollar question. Who gets to sit at the big boy's table? I have my list...but it'd piss a whole bunch of others off.

You are 100% correct. I think we need to stop the bullshit and form a super conference in football with only that handful of programs you reference. It'd only be enough teams for one conference. The other tittie suckers can for their own division or merge with the G5s. I do believe there is room for a group between P5s and G5s. Basketball and other sports can compete with the biggies and evidenced in winning nattys this year. Here's the million dollar question. Who gets to sit at the big boy's table? I have my list...but it'd piss a whole bunch of others off.
Yeah... then those "tittie-suckers" can have their own football gig and share their "I'm a victim" cards with each other and give everyone a trophy!! :biggrin:

doit-ani.gif

For every winner, there has to be a loser.

Yeah... then those "tittie-suckers" can have their own football gig and share their "I'm a victim" cards with each other and give everyone a trophy!! :biggrin:

View attachment 37780

The issue is that some of the smaller schools have runs of success and runs of lack-of-success. Two great examples are Kansas State and Iowa State.

Right now, Iowa State is hot but they have not been that way through most of their history.

Right now, Kansas State is NOT hot but in the early 2000s and at other times, they have had top 10 football teams.

I will give Iowa State this credit, though, they are an AAU school which makes them a lot more attractive than many of the other Big12 teams.

However, I look at it this way, do we really need two Power 5 Kansas football programs (Kansas and Kansas State)? Is the fan support and talent in the state capable of supporting this? If not, why not cut one off and setup the other school as the focus school for the state.