Big Bang Theory debunked?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 500.00
An article popped up in my feed this morning saying new telescope images seem to disagree of an inward to outward ever expanding universe. I admit to not really having enough info on this so I was just curious. Is there any actually real backing to this? Someone smarter than me jump in lol

Good. It never made sense to me anyway. Let’s hope the next theory is even cooler.

I think the article is a bit faulty. My understanding is some can't agree whether the Big Bang has run out of expansion and gravity is starting to pull it back together, or is it still expanding at an even increasing rate.

When they get past the BS of "dark matter," more answers will come. Science likes to waste decades chasing imaginary theories, created just to make the math work, which get well funded. When dark matter research runs out of interest, maybe we'll see some better theories explored.

I've never understood how we can date something based on light anyhow, but I'm not an expert on it. How we know that a photon took 500m years or 50m years to get to us seems questionable. There are other things that can interfere with that photon on its way to us that would create any number of spectral shifts.

Also, I don't get how galaxies with millions of stars can get to 13 light years away at the same time light from the Big Bang got there.

Also, I don't get how galaxies with millions of stars can get to 13 light years away at the same time light from the Big Bang got there.
Huh?

ive read this 5 times trying to figure out what the question/statement is here

An article popped up in my feed this morning saying new telescope images seem to disagree of an inward to outward ever expanding universe. I admit to not really having enough info on this so I was just curious. Is there any actually real backing to this? Someone smarter than me jump in lol

You’ve called for experts. I am NOT one. But, took a stab at reading it and understanding it.

Ok….we can now see so far that we should see evidence of the big bang theory. But, we are not. Frankly, this should be exciting for scientists.

It is a THEORY, not confirmed science, so I don’t get the angst among scientists. If all the stress is due to grants and public money then my concern becomes more the criteria for those public funds. If the requirement is proof of fact on such things then the scientists are just being conditioned to advance theory as fact, and that’s BS.

I also really don’t get the religion talk. If a THEORY causes more religious folk to fist pump that is their prerogative, but they miss the point.

This should be exciting and lead to work and thought to fine tune a theory for the existence of the universe. Not angst ridden confirmation of religious theory.

Penny is still hot though.
knock the big bang theory GIF

Huh?

ive read this 5 times trying to figure out what the question/statement is here

Easy. Big bang which started the universe was 13.x billion years ago. Yet there are galaxies that are 13.x billion years away from where the big bang occured. How did they get there as fast as light?

Easy. Big bang which started the universe was 13.x billion years ago. Yet there are galaxies that are 13.x billion years away from where the big bang occured. How did they get there as fast as light?
that isnt what you wrote ;) you said something about being 13 light years apart. the current age of the universe is based off how far we can see and some assumptions are made they are finding the univers to be older which would push back the big bang as well....

worm holes...

Cause it 'sploded :noidea:

Because it is not the galaxies that are moving. It is the space in between. Dark Energy. Even if you just look at E=MC2, Energy can move mass at the speed of light squared roughly.

There is also no law governing how fast the universe itself can move. Only the matter in it cant go faster than the speed of light.

Because it is not the galaxies that are moving. It is the space in between. Dark Energy. Even if you just look at E=MC2, Energy can move mass at the speed of light squared roughly.

There is also no law governing how fast the universe itself can move. Only the matter in it cant go faster than the speed of light.

Dave Matthews had it figured out years ago!!