Biggest Realignment move

With the addition of UMass, I wonder if the MAC will stick at 13 or will they look for a 14th member?.
They should go to 14 and try to capture the northeast market and bring in UConn. And that would help the travel for these two teams. Win win

Oh its just warming up in this game of musical chairs:

Boom!

Texas ain’t even played their first SEC game and the conferences is already crumbling…:ranger:

I'll hold the door open for them.

I don't really belive that.
However, their last Conference Championship was in the Big 12 almost 30 years ago, in 1998.

That has to put a strain on their self image.
Didn't know they had one.
But y'all been with'em far longer then we'uns been with'em, so y'all should know more about it.

You need to look at a map.

Missouri borders Tenn, Ky and Arkansas so the SEC put them in the East with Tenn, Vandy, KY and made Arkansas their permanent opponent. It made perfect sense.

Auburn when we first split into divisions did not make sense in the west. Auburn's biggest rivals were UT, UF, UGA and Bama plus we played Vandy pretty frequently. We rarely played Ole Miss and LSU.
Alabama made the most sense (Though Auburn would have worked as well, maybe even better tbh) though. Rival game with UT, Florida and UGA would have been great games with em as well. Missouri is simply too dagum far west to be considered an “eastern” school/team, just… no.
They would have been a better fit in the BIG culturally as well.

Alabama made the most sense (Though Auburn would have worked as well, maybe even better tbh) though. Rival game with UT, Florida and UGA would have been great games with em as well. Missouri is simply too dagum far west to be considered an “eastern” school/team, just… no.
They would have been a better fit in the BIG culturally as well.
Your B1G argument is solid but where Missouri should have been in the SEC really isn’t because it would have been more travel for them.

It is what it is.