Bill Russell was great

Why isn't the NBA more diversified?

"I'd like to answer that but have you heard that I have 11 rings? Here, let me tell you how I'm the greatest athlete ever." - Bill Russell
He's just as arrogant as Tom Brady.

He's just as arrogant as Tom Brady.
"Hi, Domino's? Yeah, I'd like to place an order for delivery, but before I do, may I take a moment and tell you about my Celtics winning 11 championships back in the early Cretaceous Period?"

patrick ewing basketball GIF

Like I've said many times, he would be a Draymond Green type of player and I've been criticized for saying it. Maybe in todays' game he would find a jumpshot eventually but probably not...he would be too small to play PF/C and not even scoring ability to be a true SF wing. Like you said, the only reason he dominated on the defensive end bc their was a lack of talent in the NBA, only 8 teams and he faced guys less athletic and much shorter. He played with 5-6 HOFrs. He isn't a top 50 player ever...probably not a top 100-150 player honestly.

He got dominated when he faced Wilt.

This is something he very grudgingly admits. He's very resentful of both Kareem and Wilt because he knows they both dominated him both offensively and defensively with a much-lesser team around them.

But yeah, 11 rings against the Columbus Blacksox back in the 1860's. I'm impressed.

Like I've said many times, he would be a Draymond Green type of player and I've been criticized for saying it. Maybe in todays' game he would find a jumpshot eventually but probably not...he would be too small to play PF/C and not even scoring ability to be a true SF wing. Like you said, the only reason he dominated on the defensive end bc their was a lack of talent in the NBA, only 8 teams and he faced guys less athletic and much shorter. He played with 5-6 HOFrs. He isn't a top 50 player ever...probably not a top 100-150 player honestly.

Draymond can shoot. And dribble.

And his sub is almost exactly what I’ve always ordered at Subway. Only I get spinach and Parmesan too.

If you find a picture of Wilt holding the ball against the Celtics you can figure out which end of the court it is by counting the number of people standing right next to him. If it's just Russell then that's the basket that the Celtics were shooting at :wink:

The only reason Bill Russell scored at all was because he was [listed at] 6' 10" (looks more like 6' 7" when standing next to Wilt and Kareem) and faced off against defensive juggernauts like 5' 11" Curtis Simms and 6' Walter Smith (both white and about 40 yrs old).

LOL @ Celtics fans. :L

Draymond can shoot. And dribble.

And his sub is almost exactly what I’ve always ordered at Subway. Only I get spinach and Parmesan too.
Dribble and pass...not sure about the shooting part. When he was at the top of his game he was kinda streaky and could knock them down, now he just doesn't shoot much anymore.

I've often wondered how a no talent hack like Russell managed to win 2 NCAA championships, an Olympic Gold Medal and 11 NBA titles. :think:

This is something he very grudgingly admits. He's very resentful of both Kareem and Wilt because he knows they both dominated him both offensively and defensively with a much-lesser team around them.

But yeah, 11 rings against the Columbus Blacksox back in the 1860's. I'm impressed.
Yeah he holds onto that ring argument.

I just imagine him in today's league with maybe one great player on the team, mediocre-borderline playoff team....he could be that 4th option like Draymond but most likely he is the guy that averages 6 or 7 ppg but wows you with his 8 rpg and 4.5 apg. I think he would be damn good defensively but that's why I think Draymond is a fair comparison and it might be giving ole Billy too much credit bc at one point Draymond was the best defensive player in the game.

You know how I know you are the most overrated player in NBA history....bc you mentioned those 11 rings and then you stop talking LOL

If it wasn't for that 6'7" guy Farmer he would be towering over his midget teammates. There were like 40 colleges when he played college basketball as well and the Sweet Sixteen was the 1st round. Like I said, put him in the 70's, 80's, 90's or today's game--his accomplishments were great but that doesn't make him individually a great player.

You know how I know you are the most overrated player in NBA history....bc you mentioned those 11 rings and then you stop talking LOL
"Eleven is the smallest positive integer requiring three syllables in the English language, but more important than that, may I take this opportunity to remind you that 11 is the number of rings I have?" - Bill Russell talking to the girl working at Dunkin Donuts, who, like everyone else, doesn't give a shit