Movie Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever (2022)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
Marvel originally announced at D23 Expo that Black Panther 2 would be released on Friday, May 6, 2022, but covid and the death of Chadwick Boseman has delayed the film to Friday, July 8, 2022 Friday, November 11, 2022. It will follow Thor 4 and precede Captain Marvel 2 The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.

ECwIrMNUcAcD6Ao

Disney announced today that they will not be recasting Chadwick Boseman:

Disney said:
Black Panther 2, opening July 8, 2022, is being written & directed by Ryan Coogler. Honoring Chadwick Boseman’s legacy & portrayal of T’Challa, @MarvelStudios will not recast the character, but will explore the world of Wakanda & the rich characters introduced in the first film.

And out of the FLOOD of Marvel Cinematic Universe news today, saving the best for last: there is nothing I'm more excited about than this.

The Fantastic Four MCU reboot is coming soon! To be directed by Jon Watts of Spider-Man: Homecoming!

I think it’s a mistake to not recast Black Panther. Yes we’re all sad about Boseman but it’s too iconic a character. I suspect this is an excuse to go all sjw and nake it about shuri

Marvel's new generalized MCU promo has revealed, with the logo near the end, that Black Panther 2 is going to be subtitled Wakanda Forever:

Disney just announced the film has been pushed back from Friday, July 8, 2022 to Friday, November 11, 2022.

SDCC teaser: Black Panther and Wakanda vs. Namor the Sub-Mariner (Tenoch Huerta) and Atlantis!

Namor concept art for the movie:

77mt7trce9991.jpg

Did one of the characters from Avatar get lost?

What's funny is that this character's name is Namora, which sounds like Gamora, who is played by Zoe Saldana, who also plays blue-skinned Neytiri in Avatar. :laugh:

New poster: Wakandans vs. Atlanteans:

svsdf6oq9lr91.jpg

What's funny is that this character's name is Namora, which sounds like Gamora, who is played by Zoe Saldana, who also plays blue-skinned Neytiri in Avatar. :laugh:

kevin bacon dancing GIF

Rihanna "Life Me Up" song from soundtrack:

Namor featurette:

It's really good. So, so much better than Black Adam a month ago.

Namor and the Atlanteans/Talokanil were awesome.

First use of the word "mutant" in the MCU! (Ms. Marvel came close, but only used the word "mutation" rather than "mutant.")

I liked them bringing Killmonger back unredeemed; he still believes all the same things.

I liked the reveal of la Contessa as Everett’s ex-wife and the Director of the CIA.

But disappointed that the rumors of the second post-credits scene were untrue. There is no second post-credits scene:

No Doctor Doom. :( Which is really disappointing, because it would have made so much sense for him to have been the mastermind behind Lake Bell's expedition, and it would start building him up and give him such a menacing, mysterious presence if he has been behind not only this but also was the still-unrevealed buyer from Ant-Man 2.