Blackstone

Fog

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 17,000.00
Looking at one of these to add to my cooking arsenal.....

Maude2.jpg

How do you keep the flat top from rusting when not in use, or over the winter ??

We used to have one similar to this.
Makes great Texas Toast

1652841877547.png

I didn't go with Blackstone, but another brand because I didn't like the Blackstone grease system. I freakin love this thing, haven't fired up the weber grill since I got it. Takes longer to work with because you have clean it after and I was always bad about that on the grill, but the results are so much better.

I didn't go with Blackstone, but another brand because I didn't like the Blackstone grease system. I freakin love this thing, haven't fired up the weber grill since I got it. Takes longer to work with because you have clean it after and I was always bad about that on the grill, but the results are so much better.
What didn’t you like about the grease system?

People on rv forums are going nuts over these things, I don't get the appeal.

We don't cook for 20 people, how much can 2 people eat?

I have griddle plates for my coleman to do eggs and potatoes.

What didn’t you like about the grease system?
Wasn't a fan of scraping waves of hot grease right into my lap, so avoided all the ones that didn't have a front lip but used that channel instead. Blackstone has since changed this and now it exits out the back which I'd actually prefer over mine :L

I have a Razor, which is sort of like a Pit Boss in that it has a hole cut in the front left that goes into a lined cup. But it also breaks down to be portable in under 1 minute so if I want to take it camping or to the lake house I can pretty easy.

People on rv forums are going nuts over these things, I don't get the appeal.

We don't cook for 20 people, how much can 2 people eat?

I have griddle plates for my coleman to do eggs and potatoes.
You can get a smaller one than the big 36" guys. I am still in the mode of perfecting my timing, but being able to cook an entire breakfast at once is pretty amazing. Bacon on one side, hash browns in the middle, toast on the other side, and then finish with some eggs back on the bacon grease side. You can have the entire breakfast done in 4-5 minutes and feed everyone and it's all hot at the same time.

I had that exact same one and I cooked on it about 5 times then gave it to my son who has never used it since.

It's too big. Seriously. If you want one get a smaller one. The problem is they are so fucking hot when you have all burners on and it loaded. Unless you are cooking for 40 people you don't need anything this big.

It would get so hot that I bought the table that fits around it just to keep kids from getting too close to it.

We used to have one similar to this.
Makes great Texas Toast

View attachment 71819

^^^ That is all you need. That little griddle can cook plenty of food....

You can have the entire breakfast done in 4-5 minutes and feed everyone and it's all hot at the same time.

Yeah this is true....haha It's hot AF but you can cook a ton of food in minutes!

I had that exact same one and I cooked on it about 5 times then gave it to my son who has never used it since.

It's too big. Seriously. If you want one get a smaller one. The problem is they are so fucking hot when you have all burners on and it loaded. Unless you are cooking for 40 people you don't need anything this big.

It would get so hot that I bought the table that fits around it just to keep kids from getting too close to it.

The kicker is that if you don't heat the entire thing, even if you just need one side, that thing warps up like a mofo! It is pretty wasteful from that standpoint. So always make sure to have some bread or veggies to warm up on that other side.

I stared with something called like a Griddle-que or something. Think stainless steel that you can put on the weber grill. But it never got hot enough to sear the meat.

i had been thinking about this forever but i think im going to try a griddle that i can just plop on the current grill they make em big enough for my family to use so itll be interesting to try at some point but im not about to get a whole nother grill to sit around that i might never use (ive done enough of that sorta thing lol)

somethin like this
1653579616471.png

Wasn't a fan of scraping waves of hot grease right into my lap, so avoided all the ones that didn't have a front lip but used that channel instead. Blackstone has since changed this and now it exits out the back which I'd actually prefer over mine :facepalm:

I have a Razor, which is sort of like a Pit Boss in that it has a hole cut in the front left that goes into a lined cup. But it also breaks down to be portable in under 1 minute so if I want to take it camping or to the lake house I can pretty easy.
Got it. I wouldn’t have liked that either. Mine has the grease cup in the back.

i had been thinking about this forever but i think im going to try a griddle that i can just plop on the current grill they make em big enough for my family to use so itll be interesting to try at some point but im not about to get a whole nother grill to sit around that i might never use (ive done enough of that sorta thing lol)

somethin like this
View attachment 72713
Check this one out:
Amazon product ASIN B000HQHBSQ
It's the one I have. Think steel that won't warp and I've left it out in the rain many times and it is spotless still.