Boston head coach Udoka 1 year suspension from organization?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 9,057.00
Some crazy news coming out of Bean town.

Ime Udoka faces a possible one year suspension from the team for having an inappropriate workplace relationship (Rumors are multiple) with a Celtics staffer. This after just going to the NBA finals. Reports also suggest he may step down as head coach.

1. The relationship(s) were consensual
2. They violated the teams internal policy though
3. Ime is married/engaged and has been for years - as well as kids with this woman

What a wild situation. I think this should have been handled internally before all of this info was leaked to the public. Stephen A Smith is already playing the race card. Morally, you hate to see a family commiting these acts.

On the bball side, he just led them to the finals. Can another coach come in and pick up where he left off? Are the Celtics done just as they were getting started?

I'm just happy the Suns are out of the news for 24-48 hours.

the severity of the suspension tells me this is more than the head coach of an NBA team having a consensual relationship with a staffer (your average joe would get fired for this, btw.) The power dynamic is bad, but that isn't going to get an NBA coach suspended for a year. and reporters have suggested that Udoka is done. Not just with the Celtics, but in the NBA. Matt Barnes even apologized for his original take and said its really bad and Udoka is screwed.

I don't think he slept with a prominent executive's wife or daughter, either. Things seem to be pointed in the direction of coercion or blackmail, tbh.

Some crazy news coming out of Bean town.

Ime Udoka faces a possible one year suspension from the team for having an inappropriate workplace relationship (Rumors are multiple) with a Celtics staffer. This after just going to the NBA finals. Reports also suggest he may step down as head coach.

punishment worse than suspension coach the Nets

He will fit right in with the dumpster fire that is the Nets