Breeders Cup

Best horse I've seen in years. Looking forward to next weekend, best day IMO for horse racing fans.

Looks like the Classic field has shrunk as bit. Flightline going to be heavy favorite. Like Life is Good, Epicenter & Tabia as possible contenders. Other than that don't see much. May throw 2 on Rich Strike to see if he can do it again.

Looks like the Classic field has shrunk as bit. Flightline going to be heavy favorite. Like Life is Good, Epicenter & Tabia as possible contenders. Other than that don't see much. May throw 2 on Rich Strike to see if he can do it again.

I've got my eye on the Queen's Plate winner Moira in the Filly & Mare Turf. She's probably going to be the 4th or 5th choice in that race but I love those Ghostzapper fillies, and I think she might have a big, big race in her. We will find out this weekend.

I've got my eye on the Queen's Plate winner Moira in the Filly & Mare Turf. She's probably going to be the 4th or 5th choice in that race but I love those Ghostzapper fillies, and I think she might have a big, big race in her. We will find out this weekend.

I'll probably end up betting on most races. It all depends on what else I'm doing that day, will be on the classic race for sure. I also like Olympiad in that race as possible add to tri or super. Let me know thoughts on any other picks on other races. I like to look for the mid/value picks and a longer shot to combine with favorite and hope favorite hits 2nd or 3rd place for bit better pay off

Looking at Moira a bit closer and looks like she is more of a dirt than turf horse. I'll have to see if I can find video of her last race on turf to see if there is a reason she finished 8th.

Looking at Moira a bit closer and looks like she is more of a dirt than turf horse. I'll have to see if I can find video of her last race on turf to see if there is a reason she finished 8th.

It was a DQ that pushed her back, not a true 8th place. Got in a spot where she was ready to go but didn't have anywhere to go and the jockey was way too aggressive finding room for her (they've switched jockeys, Dettori is on her now). She ran well though, was just barely beaten to the line and looked like she had no problems with the turf.

Last edited:
yea, see were she cut off the horse at the rail on final push. Seen worse than that in the U.S. and not be a call.

yea, see were she cut off the horse at the rail on final push. Seen worse than that in the U.S. and not be a call.

The way she got trapped reminded me of what happened to Goldikova when she won the BC Mile for the first time. Goldikova was a better horse though (no duh!) and her jock found her some room.

But I wanted to see what she'd do when she had competition that she couldn't just physically dominate and run away from. She passed the test enough for me. I think that she's going to be a good value, I guess we'll see if the wiseguys get on her and knock her odds down.

Was that broadcast some type of weird 5-hour challenge to avoid saying the name "Ghostzapper"? :wink: :noidea:

What a finish!

Yes, that was a good race. I had some $$ on Blue Stripe to Show. Unfortunately that was only win for me yesterday. Still my favorite horse racing weekend.

Mine too.