Buying A New TV... HELP

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
So, the wife and I are renting out her condo to a travel nurse. We are taking our Amazon Fire 55 inch TV (1.5 years old) and placing it in the condo. I hate this damn TV. It streams fine, but going through the menus take forever, and going from one app to the other is like little mice inside turning a wheel for a processor. We are going to purchase a new 65-70 inch TV. I am looking for some advice. I don't really care about the fine tooth comb numbers in relation to things I will never understand or possibly even see. If I have a budget of $700 or less, what ya got? I know that is a pretty low budget. Looking for a great picture, good to great contrast and viewing angles. I will say that I usually listen to the TV pretty low volume if that helps.

So, the wife and I are renting out her condo to a travel nurse. We are taking our Amazon Fire 55 inch TV (1.5 years old) and placing it in the condo. I hate this damn TV. It streams fine, but going through the menus take forever, and going from one app to the other is like little mice inside turning a wheel for a processor. We are going to purchase a new 65-70 inch TV. I am looking for some advice. I don't really care about the fine tooth comb numbers in relation to things I will never understand or possibly even see. If I have a budget of $700 or less, what ya got? I know that is a pretty low budget. Looking for a great picture, good to great contrast and viewing angles. I will say that I usually listen to the TV pretty low volume if that helps.
The best all around Smart TV for the price is a Samsung. I have two and they're awesome!

I would never buy a TV that wasn’t a Sony (at least for indoor use).
I have had two Bravia and hated the hell out of both. Took FOREVER to turn on because they want to connect to wifi and check for updates and all that shit. Like 20 seconds before you could do anything, screw that. Samsung makes by far the best affordable TV's (to remove anyone throwing some $50k television at me).

Though I wouldn't have an issue with anything Samsung or LG. I don't like Roku/Amazon/Vizio/Hisense stuff, but they are more affordable.

I've had a Hisense for a few years now, bought on BF from Wally World. The TV itself works great and no issues streaming, but it only has 1 USB port, 1 hdmi and 1 set of a/v ports.

Get a Sony with built in Chromecast.

1. Great quality
2. Works great with soundbars ( biggest issue with Samsung)
3. No need for Firestick or Roku or anything else

I have 2 and love both.

I do enjoy Roku on my television. I have multiple TCL televisions. Not the cheap ones from Walmart, but the nicer grade televisions that TCL makes. A few of them have Dolby Vision which adds to the quality of the high definition. I have an LG and a Vizio as well, but I have a 4K Roku stick in both of those. I’ve had a TCL television on my screen porch for well over five years now. The best $268 I’ve ever spent 55 inch flatscreen that has worked flawlessly in the heat, humidity and the cold. IMG_3462.jpeg

Get a Sony with built in Chromecast.

1. Great quality
2. Works great with soundbars ( biggest issue with Samsung)
3. No need for Firestick or Roku or anything else

I have 2 and love both.
Sound bars. Two kinds. One that goes through tv with HDMI for on/off and volume. ARC.

Then you got optical input.

Go ARC if you can.

Sony makes a $200 soundbar that Costco has and put on special every so often $40 off. It has ARC and sounds great. Not blow your ass away bad ass shit but more bass and can hear much betterand not tinny.

No matter the TV, I have some sort of sound bar. Even a cheap cheap one is better than the little speakers you get in a TV.

MO...

Also, the tech in tvs are all the same. Just what other features you want.

$700, you can find good ones for that. TCL and Hisense are inexpensive but have the same tech. If your into sports get a 120 refresh rate at minimum.

I do enjoy Roku on my television. I have multiple TCL televisions. Not the cheap ones from Walmart, but the nicer grade televisions that TCL makes. A few of them have Dolby Vision which adds to the quality of the high definition. I have an LG and a Vizio as well, but I have a 4K Roku stick in both of those. I’ve had a TCL television on my screen porch for well over five years now. The best $268 I’ve ever spent 55 inch flatscreen that has worked flawlessly in the heat, humidity and the cold. View attachment 114132
Dude that TV You is mounted high. That would drive me crazy.

Dude that TV You is mounted high. That would drive me crazy.
Well yeah, it’s mounted over a 6’8” tall door. But that was the best place to put it to keep it out of direct sunlight and blowing rain

It looks worse on the image than it is in real life.

Well yeah, it’s mounted over a 6’8” tall door. But that was the best place to put it to keep it out of direct sunlight and blowing rain

It looks worse on the image than it is in real life.
You don't have to explain anything to that fucking muppet.

Tell him you'll go over to his house and mount all his TVs on his ceiling whilst he sleeps.

I would never buy a TV that wasn’t a Sony (at least for indoor use).

Sony, the one and only.

I have a 52" flat screen Sony from March 2008 that still works flawlessly. Looks great in my home office.

I also had a Samsung 70" that crapped out on its own after 9 months. Bought a 75" Sony with the warranty payout.

I had a Vizio that died after 2 years.

Only buying Sonys from now on.

Last edited:
You don't have to explain anything to that fucking muppet.

Tell him you'll go over to his house and mount all his TVs on his ceiling whilst he sleeps.
Muppet?