Caribou hunt

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Here's a few pics of my sister and nephew with the caribou they whacked yesterday. They both ended up with cows and my brother in law whacked a bull on the way back to camp this morning. 50 miles each way from camp and had to cross three rivers. My sister and her ole man were in a side by side and my nephew was using my stepdad's 4wheeler and they said he started to float down stream when he tried to cross the Nelchina river due to it being too light.

caribou2.jpg

caribou1.jpg

Why is your sister standing in a creek and holding up just a Caribou head?

My cousin stopped by in a side by side today.

Road legal vehicle, where caribou no longer live.

Is rheindeer good eatin?

My cousin stopped by in a side by side today.

Road legal vehicle, where caribou no longer live.

Is rheindeer good eatin?
I've never had it but I imagine it's similar to a mule deer. Probably pretty good eating, judging by them there grassy plains.

I've never had it but I imagine it's similar to a mule deer. Probably pretty good eating, judging by them there grassy plains.
Never had mule deer.

What do these things eat in the winter during the months of total darkness?

Here's a few pics of my sister and nephew with the caribou they whacked yesterday. They both ended up with cows and my brother in law whacked a bull on the way back to camp this morning. 50 miles each way from camp and had to cross three rivers. My sister and her ole man were in a side by side and my nephew was using my stepdad's 4wheeler and they said he started to float down stream when he tried to cross the Nelchina river due to it being too light.

caribou2.jpg

caribou1.jpg
When I lived in Nome and Unalakleet, we hunted caribou and moose every year. Also hunted oogrook and walrus with my natives buddies. I was living in Unalakleet when they landed a beluga whale. I wasnt allowed to hunt as the hunts were closely watched by Alaska Fish and Game and it was illegal for white people to participate in the hunt. Beluga meat, called muktuk, is some of the best meat I have ever eaten.

I don't know of any hunters who refer to their hunting kills as "whacked"

I don't know of any hunters who refer to their hunting kills as "whacked"

let’s face it. You don’t know any hunters. You’ve probably never hunted ever in your life. Go back to sci-fi novels

let’s face it. You don’t know any hunters. You’ve probably never hunted ever in your life. Go back to sci-fi novels
haven't hunted in years, not since my dad passed away.

but we went bird hunting a lot when I was living in NJ. We had at least 3 Irish Setters at a time. Would go out for quail, pheasant, and woodcock.

what else ya got, slappy?

but we went bird hunting a lot when I was living in NJ. We had at least 3 Irish Setters at a time. Would go out for quail, pheasant, and woodcock.

cool-story-bro-needs-more-dragons_o_1234642.jpg

what kinda shotgun you hunt with Spock?