Caribou hunt

what kinda shotgun you hunt with Spock?
Just a 20 gauge. Nothing special. My dad had a bunch of them, but I'd use and older one he got from Sears back in the day that we maintained.

Just a 20 gauge. Nothing special. My dad had a bunch of them, but I'd use and older one he got from Sears back in the day that we maintained.
Most of the older guns are better built. I’ve got rifles about as old as me. 20 gauge you better be a good shot. Did you ever hit anything?

Most of the older guns are better built. I’ve got rifles about as old as me. 20 gauge you better be a good shot. Did you ever hit anything?
I "whacked" a couple, but like I said, game birds were hard to come by. Most of the time we went out just to run the dogs.

If we got skunked for bird, we'd maybe nail a rabbit.

My dad was the better shot, but he had been at it longer.

Poor, poor city boys. I have shot 37 doves in my back yard over the last 3 days

Shooting them over the bird feeder is illegal.

Not when your bird feeder covers 2 acres
Did you plant corn?

I could shoot 5 to 6 a day off our bird feeder easy but I don't think the neighbors would like it.

37 country pigeons will get you enough meat for a light lunch. Why bother?

Dove breasts wrapped with bacon and jalapeños.

So fucking good.

It's the bacon, peppers, onions and water chestnuts that fill you up. Kabob 6 breasts(3 birds) is plenty with taters.
OK then, next dove I see flying around the house is going to die from lead poisoning.

I know y'all probably don't give a shit about my sob story but I'm posting it anyway :facepalm:

I live for bow hunting September elk. An elk ripping a bugle is one of the most thrilling moments a guy can experience while in the woods. It can take miles of boot leather up and down mountains. It damned hard work, has its ups and downs but can be extremely rewarding as well.

Well September 9th a fire lit off just Southwest of where we hunt. It grew to 50k acres in 2 days. It's currently at 96k acres and 55% contained. The fire burnt the south side of the mountain and crawled over the top and down every timbered drainage to the north. We have hunted down there for 4 years and had the elk pinned down.

The national forest is still closed but restrictions may get lifted on the 1st, weather pending. I postponed my trip twice but thankfully Idaho has kind of a split season. I will be able to go back down in October but will miss the rut, can't shoot a bull, won't be able to hunt our normal spot but will be able to shoot a cow with my rifle if I can find them.

2020 strikes again, but I'm grateful for the chance to fill my freezer. Hopefully I can post a couple pictures when I get back. Good luck to those who are getting out!

My cousin stopped by in a side by side today.

Road legal vehicle, where caribou no longer live.

Is rheindeer good eatin?
Thanks for remember this AG.

I like our talks.

:suds:

Only coon I've ever shot, died on account of raiding the dove nests in my spruce trees.

I've never shot a dove. There isn't a season here, yet. Not that it would matter. We don't have enough imo. Same with sand hills.

I could feel different some day. But for now, I'll kill for their nests. (I've never seen a sand hill nest. )

I'd turned the hose on 'er a couple times. Her babies knew not to climb those trees.

But she didn't want to eat out of the barn cat dish when I wasn't looking, I guess. (Eating out of the barn cat dish isn't a Capitol offense. Skunk, possum, coon, etc. Neighbors dog... whatever.)