CBS releases preseason top 25 minus conferences sitting out

IF the season for these teams lasts to the bowl season, would the Rose Bowl even be allowed to take place in Cali, considering the wacko politicals there? :headscratch:

IF the season for these teams lasts to the bowl season, would the Rose Bowl even be allowed to take place in Cali, considering the wacko politicals there? :headscratch:
Isn't there some high school football being played there now?

Isn't there some high school football being played there now?
Good question. I don't really know. Was just curious when Rose Bowl was mentioned with all the state's political paranoia going on. Don't know if that state is allowing the locals to make that decision or not.

Woooo Pitt is ranked!

And what better way than by default.

App State only won 13 games including 2 P5 wins, one of which was UNC. About they get more respect as a top G5 program
I'd love to see App State draw one of the upper echelon P5 teams the way Boise State did a few years ago. Not sure if they'd win but as long as it's not a down year I bet they'd put up a fight.

Good question. I don't really know. Was just curious when Rose Bowl was mentioned with all the state's political paranoia going on. Don't know if that state is allowing the locals to make that decision or not.
well if they don't allow it there, no big deal.. I'm sure Dallas, Houston, Nawlins, Atlanta, Miami, Jax, Charlotte, Nashville, etc would be open to fill in.

I do know that the Rose Parade was cancelled earlier this summer.. Not sure how that impacted the game itself, but being no western teams playing, I doubt it's going to be a big issue.

Just hoping this season can get played out without too many hiccups

I see they came up with a reason to have a poll and leave Nebraska off.

This is a great question. The Rose Bowl is a semi-final game this year, so the big question is whether the game can even be hosted, not which teams will be able to play there. IMO, it is unlikely - based on the current circumstances. Not sure how this would be handled contractually, but it might be in everybody's best interest if the Rose could give up their semi-final slot this year and just play the game in May if the B1G and Pac hold a Spring season and just cancel it for the year - if those two leagues do not play. As for a replacement for the semi-final, the Cotton would make the most sense - since the NC Game is in Miami, the Peach was a semi last year, and the Fiesta was a semi and is in the Pac-12 "cordon sanitaire". Of course, the Sugar is already being used for the other semi-final.

It’s a decent list but I’d move Alabama down 10 spots and Georgia up 3.