GAME CFB Duke @ #10 Notre Dame 2:30pm ET NBC

I'd like to believe that our 'shortcomings', today, were due to an underrated Duke team, but ...
A few sparks, but not much of a running game and Book overthrew his receivers much of the game.

As often happens in games like these, ND just physically overpowered a lesser team.

I like the start time too. Day’s not over.

epenis has killed the day games of college football.....need more day games
Too many night games. At least for ND. But it’s not as bad this year obviously.

Good game. Was thinking Duke would give ND a run for their money early.

Outside of the offensive line, I think the coaching is in good shape. Book is what he is.

I watched quite a bit of CFB yesterday and one thing is clear with the small sample available so far - the lack of a spring and oft-interrupted fall camps has left a lot of offenses I'll prepared for the season. Ours is no different. The part that concerns me is Book's anxiousness. He should be beyond this. The OL was not great rushing, but was better in pass pro than ot appeared live. Book had chances to step up and throw and had more openings than he saw. Playcalling needs to adjust in the running game, too. Too many calls into the boundary and the teeth of the defense. Playcalling in the passing game wasn't bad. Book rushed some throws, the screens were there and missed and there were a couple bad drops.

Mayer looks like the ghost of Cole Kmet.

I watched quite a bit of CFB yesterday and one thing is clear with the small sample available so far - the lack of a spring and oft-interrupted fall camps has left a lot of offenses I'll prepared for the season. Ours is no different. The part that concerns me is Book's anxiousness. He should be beyond this. The OL was not great rushing, but was better in pass pro than ot appeared live. Book had chances to step up and throw and had more openings than he saw. Playcalling needs to adjust in the running game, too. Too many calls into the boundary and the teeth of the defense. Playcalling in the passing game wasn't bad. Book rushed some throws, the screens were there and missed and there were a couple bad drops.

Mayer looks like the ghost of Cole Kmet.
The problem wasn’t that the OL couldn’t get a push, it’s that they weren’t getting to the second level and Duke’s LB’s were just flying to the gaps. That’s why more counter plays ABA PA would have worked better. Rees eventually made those adjustments but he was slow to do it.

It was kind of fun watching somebody play RB that actually looked like a RB.