Changing 20 Sprinkler Heads/Fuck that shit

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 18,000.00
It's been 10 years and the heads are having trouble popping all the way up and all the way down.
Yeah, I've replaced some over the years because I hit one with the mower or a shovel.

I know, I know, I could take them apart and try and fix them but fuck that. I'm already right there with the thing out of the ground.
and for $3.66 each, I'll go new.

It sucks, but if you do it while the ground is moist/wet, you can literally unscrew it right out of the ground without much/any digging.
Yeah, no shit, it's that easy.

Plus, you know, while you're right there, I'll be moving some heads and tap into the line for some additional heads.

Thanks for clicking on the thread and feeling my pain.

It's only the 4" pop up, not the big gear drives.

51aGaqF5NjL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

It's been 10 years and the heads are having trouble popping all the way up and all the way down.
Yeah, I've replaced some over the years because I hit one with the mower or a shovel.

I know, I know, I could take them apart and try and fix them but fuck that. I'm already right there with the thing out of the ground.
and for $3.66 each, I'll go new.

It sucks, but if you do it while the ground is moist/wet, you can literally unscrew it right out of the ground without much/any digging.

Plus, you know, while you're right there, I'll be moving some heads and tap into the line for some additional heads.

Thanks for clicking on the thread and feeling my pain.

you should do a youtube showing you screwing and getting head and post it here

Bought a tool years ago, not even sure where, but it makes changing the entire popup a breeze. You basically unscrew the top which pulls the guts out and then drop a rod down it (just a piece of all thread really). Then there is an insert that slides over that and wedges down into the popup cartridge so you can screw it out. Then you take apart the new one, drop it over the all thread so it lines back up, screw it back in tight, and drop the pop up mechanism back in.
Takes me less than a minute to replace a pop up. I don't deal with replacing just the head, or spring, or dealing with water leaking up and out the screw top.

steve-harvey-eyebrows-raise-abeyeum41y0wbb90.gif

I feel your pain, I just had to replace two in my yard. I’ve done it just the way you described in the past but this time dirt fell into the threaded part it’s underground so I ended up having to dig around the head to make sure that there is no trash/dirt in the waterline.