Poll Comeback or choke

Can you have a comeback without a choke?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
Is it possible to have one without the other?

Vote and discuss

I think there’s certain spots where the trailing team catches fire and momentum is everything. Sometimes it’s the other team that provides the spark, in those cases, it’s a choke, but sometimes the trailing team just figures something out, and in those spots, I have a hard time calling it a choke

source.gif

Yes. Although it's probably somewhat rare (also unlikely) in CFB for a team to pull of a comeback without some degree of choking/fuck-ups/deer-in-the-headlights reaction from the other team.

The Pats-Falcons Superbowl was absolutely a choke, btw. Same with the TX A&M-UCLA a few yrs ago.

Yeah, I think you can have a comeback without the other team choking. Sometimes, the right adjustments are made, or a key player gets injured.

in football i would say yes but rare and probably has to do with injuries.
but like more than just 1.

baseball like a pitcher going no hitter suddenly gets injured and someone else comes in and gives up some i wouldnt call it a choke job.

basketball start trading 3s for 2.

i dunno about how it could be in hockey

The Pats-Falcons Superbowl was absolutely a choke, btw. Same with the TX A&M-UCLA a few yrs ago.
Falcons choked big time.

UGA choked against Bama twice in the calendar year 2018.

Braves blew a 3-1 series lead against the Dodgers, but that wasn't a choke, the Dodgers simply had a better, deeper pool of starting pitchers and it showed.

But like the FSU-Auburn NCG, I didn't see that as a choke for Auburn, I just saw FSU wake up and get red hot to comeback and win the game. Things like that happen when the better team has a slow start and falls behind early.

Winner

Loser

That's it.*

*unless ties/draws are allowed

At tHoopNation no. We are always trying to trigger someone who blew a 20+ point lead

It’s our job here

@OregonDucks Does the 2016 Alamo Bowl count as a TCU comeback or an Oregon choke? Just want to know before I answer.

Fucking prevent defenses. IMO all they do is prevent you from winning. Continue to do what you did to get a lead FFS.

And going all "turtle" with ultra conservative offense when an aggressive offense got you a lead. Dumb asses both ways.

That was the freaking Raiders-Chargers game last week. Chargers needed a touchdown on the final drive and marched right down the field with 5-6 yard completions over and over. They got stupidly lucky stopping them twice at the 4 yard line as time ran out

Fucking prevent defenses. IMO all they do is prevent you from winning. Continue to do what you did to get a lead FFS.

And going all "turtle" with ultra conservative offense when an aggressive offense got you a lead. Dumb asses both ways.

2011 Texas A&M is a good example. They blew a double digit lead in the 2nd halves of nearly all of their losses.

I think a choke would be getting outcoached or just having poor execution/busted assignments.

@OregonDucks Does the 2016 Alamo Bowl count as a TCU comeback or an Oregon choke? Just want to know before I answer.
comeback. Oregon's starting QB, starting WR, starting center all went out in the first half

comeback. Oregon's starting QB, starting WR, starting center all went out in the first half
Kind of a fail of an argument when TCU’s starting didn’t play