Poll Comeback or choke

Can you have a comeback without a choke?

• Total voters
Some of it, to me, it comes down to the talent levels. If you have more talent and you come from behind and win it’s a comeback. If you have less talent and come from behind to win the other team choked.

Some of it, to me, it comes down to the talent levels. If you have more talent and you come from behind and win it’s a comeback. If you have less talent and come from behind to win the other team choked.
Auburn never chokes...we just lose like dumbasses.

I think there’s certain spots where the trailing team catches fire and momentum is everything. Sometimes it’s the other team that provides the spark, in those cases, it’s a choke, but sometimes the trailing team just figures something out, and in those spots, I have a hard time calling it a choke

I agree.

USC's win over ASU is a perfect example. It's not like ASU started turning the ball over, or committing a bunch of penalties to contribute to their own demise.

USC managed to pull off 3 fluke/amazing plays in the last 4 minutes of the game. If they miss on any 1 of them, ASU wins.

source.gif
wood

They call it the "Choke at Doak",
not the "Comeback at Doak".
Just sayin'.

Yes.

Not often, but if you come back from 14+ points, then it's probably a choke.

Texas coming back on USC doesn't come off as a choke job to me, more like heroics on Vince Young.

Same with Boise State against Oklahoma in Arizona, trick plays and just heroics as a team to win that game.

Falcons choked big time.

UGA choked against Bama twice in the calendar year 2018.

Braves blew a 3-1 series lead against the Dodgers, but that wasn't a choke, the Dodgers simply had a better, deeper pool of starting pitchers and it showed.

But like the FSU-Auburn NCG, I didn't see that as a choke for Auburn, I just saw FSU wake up and get red hot to comeback and win the game. Things like that happen when the better team has a slow start and falls behind early.
The second win for Bama wasn't a choke, as it was never as hopeless as the NCG.

Sometimes we look at moments, single plays in a game that seemed to have changed everything, and that fake punt with Fields was one of the most game changing moments in recent memory.