Composting

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
do any of you fknhippies compost?

I am considering one of these to put in my raised bed this spring...

1610126200322.png

That's pretty cool.... I just have a sunken pile in the woods behind my house. I put my grass clippings & the yard leaves in that pile with some drilled PVC pipes sticking into the pile that I use for some in-pile air flow. I have put coffee grinds & vegetable/fruit leftovers & peels in there from time to time.

I go out to the pile every other month & turn it over. The best topsoil/compost is always at the bottom & I use that in the Spring to replant blooming flowers in hanging pots & spread some around my flowering shrubbery. I's a little work, but it's free & works well for good nutrient rich soil.

My great grandmother had a pretty ingenious design. She had rebar set about 2 feet apart in a circle with chicken wire around he rebar and in one section she had the chicken wire cut where she could peel it back and shovel out the bottom once a year. She just dumped crap in there year around and took the bottom.

My great grandmother had a pretty ingenious design. She had rebar set about 2 feet apart in a circle with chicken wire around he rebar and in one section she had the chicken wire cut where she could peel it back and shovel out the bottom once a year. She just dumped crap in there year around and took the bottom.