Conference Tournaments Thread

Yeah, for sure. If they lose this by 15+, that's a bad last impression, and will certainly hurt their metrics.

Also though, you said they would be 15-6 vs Q1-Q3. Dont they have a Q4 loss?

I get that, but they've only played 2, both on the road. One of them against a projected protected seed. I definitely think they'll be in the discussion. If they get left out, I don't think it'll be because of no quality wins, but rather than Q4 loss. Without that I think they'd be a lock.
That would be bullshit.

Maybe, maybe not. It's tough to compare teams like them with P6 schools with so many more opportunities.
Which means they must win their conference tournament because their overall resume will never compare. Good talk.

Well, this is quite the collapse

Which means they must win their conference tournament because their overall resume will never compare. Good talk.

If they lose, their resume will put them close. Just from a metric standpoint, they should probably be included. But they don't have quality wins so that could be what would keep them out.

If they lose, their resume will put them close. Just from a metric standpoint, they should probably be included. But they don't have quality wins so that could be what would keep them out.
No quality wins, no tournament bid. Not sure how this is such a hard concept to understand.

Deacs vs Indiana State will be a good game in the NIT

No quality wins, no tournament bid. Not sure how this is such a hard concept to understand.

It'll be 50/50 if they make it IMO. Could go either way IMO. If they do miss they'll be one of the first 4 out I'd presume.

I think they'll be in.

They've had some media attention to this year and that means something.

There's a little bit of a story there, them being ranked for the first time since Bird etc.

That or ... some rando Wake Forest or Providence team that nobody cares about and nobody will root for

I think they'll be in.

They've had some media attention to this year and that means something.

There's a little bit of a story there, them being ranked for the first time since Bird etc.

That or ... some rando Wake Forest or Providence team that nobody cares about and nobody will root for
lmao, nobody cares about Indiana State either.

Don't be retarded.

It'll be 50/50 if they make it IMO. Could go either way IMO. If they do miss they'll be one of the first 4 out I'd presume.
if they make it in, then the entire process becomes a scam. you are setting different criteria for teams based off feelings. they have three wins against top 100 teams this year. THREE. Pitt has three Top 100 wins in March alone. The committee needs to send Indiana State to the NIT where they belong.

1 seed App State (27-5) sent home by a buzzer beater by Arkansas State 17-15) in the sun belt quarters

mid major NC teams have been getting burned so far

fortunately, my Niners aren't expected to compete with Florida Atlantic + South Florida

7 seed East Tennessee State rallies from 20 down with 14 minutes left to beat Chattanooga and advance to the SoCon title

if they make it in, then the entire process becomes a scam. you are setting different criteria for teams based off feelings. they have three wins against top 100 teams this year. THREE. Pitt has three Top 100 wins in March alone. The committee needs to send Indiana State to the NIT where they belong.

That's where win % comes into the equation. It's no different than what happens with teams like Gonzaga and St. Mary's(in a typical year). Pitt is 1 game under .500 in Q1/Q2. Pitt is 14-10 against Q1-Q3. Indiana State is 15-5.

They also have very good metrics, which is part of the equation. If they had JMU-like metrics, I don't think they'd have much of a case. They also were the outright winner of a top 9 league, which historically has bode well for inclusion.

There's still a lot of games left to be played, as of now I think they have a shot based on historical precedence. There's not a lot of data points with the NET, but no team ranked in the top 30 of the NET has been left out. Doesn't mean they will be included, but there's reason for some optimism.