could the spurs trade the #1 pick for Luka

People are going way overboard on Victor. The dude has all the talent in the world but how many dudes that tall have made it without constant injury issues. I don't with it on him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Greg Oden-type of career.

People are going way overboard on Victor. The dude has all the talent in the world but how many dudes that tall have made it without constant injury issues. I don't with it on him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Greg Oden-type of career.
This ain't the Bears and he ain't trubisky....you take wembeyama first

This ain't the Bears and he ain't trubisky....you take wembeyama first
I'm not saying you don't. I'm saying to crown him before he actually proves his durability.

I'm not saying you don't. I'm saying to crown him before he actually proves his durability.

Yeah, I wonder about his size and if he can be durable.

Guys that size and build seem to struggle with injury and once the injuries start, they don't become more durable..

OKC just had their prize rookie, who is built very much like Wembenyama miss his entire rookie season because of a foot injury.

Yeah, I wonder about his size and if he can be durable.

Guys that size and build seem to struggle with injury and once the injuries start, they don't become more durable..

OKC just had their prize rookie, who is built very much like Wembenyama miss his entire rookie season because of a foot injury.
I wouldn't be shocked at all if Holmgren is out of the league in less than 5 years. His frame is chicken bones and as you mentioned, he's already had a serious enough injury to make him miss a full season. Missing that much time due to injury when you're that young is a really, really bad sign.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Holmgren is out of the league in less than 5 years. His frame is chicken bones and as you mentioned, he's already had a serious enough injury to make him miss a full season. Missing that much time due to injury when you're that young is a really, really bad sign.

He could end up being similar to Embiid who also missed his rookie season. But, while he's been an All-Star and just won MVP...hasn't played more than 65 games in a season.

But that isn't how it usually works with bigs who have feet/leg issues early in their careers. They usually end up more like Andrew Bynum, who showed a lot of promise, but his knees fell off and de-railed his career.

He could end up being similar to Embiid who also missed his rookie season. But, while he's been an All-Star and just won MVP...hasn't played more than 65 games in a season.

But that isn't how it usually works with bigs who have feet/leg issues early in their careers. They usually end up more like Andrew Bynum, who showed a lot of promise, but his knees fell off and de-railed his career.
Problem with Holmgren is he just isn't built to bang down low with that frame. If he can make a career of living on the perimeter and driving the lane occasionally he could be fine, but no way he's backing down NBA-level centers.

Problem with Holmgren is he just isn't built to bang down low with that frame. If he can make a career of living on the perimeter and driving the lane occasionally he could be fine, but no way he's backing down NBA-level centers.

Yeah, he could be like Durant in that respect. Lots of perimeter and midrange shots and only going into the paint occasionally. Even at that, he's going to need to be on a 30 cheeseburgers a day diet. With his build, there are small forwards in the NBA who will abuse him physically.

Yeah, he could be like Durant in that respect. Lots of perimeter and midrange shots and only going into the paint occasionally. Even at that, he's going to need to be on a 30 cheeseburgers a day diet. With his build, there are small forwards in the NBA who will abuse him physically.
Been hearing the KD comparisons for Wamby also, but I think KD outweighs him and he's 5" shorter, so I'm not sure that will be the case. Like you said, he's just one injury away from the snowball effect to take place. I hope he stays healthy, because if he does he could be something we've never seen in the NBA.