Craig Counsell to manage Cubs, 5 years, 40 million

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
He’s gonna be by far the highest paid manager in the game. Big contract for a guy that’s never won anything IMO.

I like David Ross. Hope he finds he way to the Braves staff if he doesn’t land another manager gig

Probably more than he ever made as a player

He’s gonna be by far the highest paid manager in the game. Big contract for a guy that’s never won anything IMO.

I like David Ross. Hope he finds he way to the Braves staff if he doesn’t land another manager gig
The Cubs would like to see the same success. 3 division crowns in the last 6 years plus 2 more WC spots. Smoke and mirrors. A case where a manager helped the team as much as any player.

great hire

agreed, I don't think Ross is a bad manager by any means. I do think Counsell is a considerable upgrade as an in-game manager though. I do think the Brewers have played above their talent level for years. seems to have a great handle for bullpen management as well