Crashes that you don't know how the driver survived

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00

The announcers thought Bodine was dead.

This is the one where the CoT proved it's safety. In the old cars, that would have been fatal.

the ones I instantly thought of was Geoff Bodine, Steve Grissom, Michael Waltrip & Ryan Newman.

The Kyle Larson & Austin Dillon ones were pretty bad.

the ones I instantly thought of was Geoff Bodine, Steve Grissom, Michael Waltrip & Ryan Newman.

The Kyle Larson & Austin Dillon ones were pretty bad.
Which one for Ryan Newman? The one where he flipped and landed on Harvick was pretty bad too.

Some of these I am hoping they didnt die. The Michael Waltrip one I just knew he was done.

He was loopy afterwards. His CC went with him to the Hospital & he was asking how long it would take to fix the car. He wasnt even aware of the everything. CC had to tell him the car is gone!

Which one for Ryan Newman? The one where he flipped and landed on Harvick was pretty bad too.

Last years. When they put the current up. I actually thought he was dead. Taking a race car about 180 MPH straight into your drivers side window.

The one where he landed on Harvicks car is the reason they came up with the "Newman" Bar which actually helped save his life last year.

Last years. When they put the current up. I actually thought he was dead. Taking a race car about 180 MPH straight into your drivers side window.

The one where he landed on Harvicks car is the reason they came up with the "Newman" Bar which actually helped save his life last year.
I feel sorry for the dude, he either flips over or has a flipped car land on him more than any other driver I can remember.

Found Mike Harmons when looking up Waltrip's very similar only then a car hit him after the car tore apart.

Some of these I am hoping they didnt die. The Michael Waltrip one I just knew he was done.

He was loopy afterwards. His CC went with him to the Hospital & he was asking how long it would take to fix the car. He wasnt even aware of the everything. CC had to tell him the car is gone!

I think Harmon's is worse because the other car that hit him came real close to hitting the exposed driver. Also, it was the same gate that MW hit, and somehow that was allowed to happen again.

I feel sorry for the dude, he either flips over or has a flipped car land on him more than any other driver I can remember.
Rusty was similar in luck.
It is feast or famine for those guys on a plate track.

Also the day Ryan had that wreck (the harvick one) they had a special on the wives at these plate tracks & what they go through. Talking about drivers dying & whatnot.
When Ryan was upside down pinned by his roof. It was sitting on the antenna so he couldnt communicate with his team. He was fine, but people started worrying about the worst because he wasnt answering. Showed Krissie running to the infield care center while Ryan was still stuck in his car. had an interview with Ryan that weekend (before the racing) where he said this type of racing will kill someone one day (plate racing). There was a lot of ironies that weekend. Including that wreck saving his life later.

I didnt see the Mark Harmon one live. So I couldnt think he was dead. Honestly forgot about it actually. Until looking up the Waltrip one.
but yeah could have been very ugly if the car that hit him. Hit him just a little different spot.

Austin Dillons Wreck thatripped the front end off the car, but cage stayed intact. Brad hits him afterawards.

Rusty was similar in luck.
It is feast or famine for those guys on a plate track.

Also the day Ryan had that wreck (the harvick one) they had a special on the wives at these plate tracks & what they go through. Talking about drivers dying & whatnot.
When Ryan was upside down pinned by his roof. It was sitting on the antenna so he couldnt communicate with his team. He was fine, but people started worrying about the worst because he wasnt answering. Showed Krissie running to the infield care center while Ryan was still stuck in his car. had an interview with Ryan that weekend (before the racing) where he said this type of racing will kill someone one day (plate racing). There was a lot of ironies that weekend. Including that wreck saving his life later.
Rusty and Ryan probably have the same amount of flips, but I don't remember Rusty ever getting landed on. Off the top of my head, I know Newman was landed on by Carl Edwards(Brad K's first win), Kurt Busch(when he was driving the 78) and Jamie McMurray.