Custom Rolls

was hoping this thread was gonna be about sushi

View attachment 22101
This is a very individual opinion thing....but I love a really well done Restomod. And this is certainly one.

I read a “barn find” site and that is often the question....would you restomod an old car or just restore to original specs?

Ive walked the Barrett Jackson or Mecum auction tents many times. The first time I saw original survivors or restored to classic it never made sense to me how these were worth more. They looked worse. It took a while to grasp the value of keeping it original.

While I can see the economic value of keeping a car original....I just would prefer restomod in most cases. A 5 liter Coyote and a 10 speed automatic, wow!

The only word in that I don’t like is automatic. Of course, I wouldn’t want to gate through 10 gears manually. This is a sharp Cougar!

Wow... I'm not a fan of Bieber, but I have to appreciate style ...

View attachment 21766

I like this and I don’t. I like the originality of the look, but I also don’t like the look. The wheels covered fully is dumb. And, let’s face this, you can only take this on the most level of roads....any speed bump is a no go. That’s just weird.

I like this and I don’t. I like the originality of the look, but I also don’t like the look. The wheels covered fully is dumb. And, let’s face this, you can only take this on the most level of roads....any speed bump is a no go. That’s just weird.
all I take away from all this is that some people just have too much money.

This is a very individual opinion thing....but I love a really well done Restomod. And this is certainly one.

I read a “barn find” site and that is often the question....would you restomod an old car or just restore to original specs?

Ive walked the Barrett Jackson or Mecum auction tents many times. The first time I saw original survivors or restored to classic it never made sense to me how these were worth more. They looked worse. It took a while to grasp the value of keeping it original.

While I can see the economic value of keeping a car original....I just would prefer restomod in most cases. A 5 liter Coyote and a 10 speed automatic, wow!

The only word in that I don’t like is automatic. Of course, I wouldn’t want to gate through 10 gears manually. This is a sharp Cougar!
I agree. I wouldn't think about restomoding say a SS Chevelle but I'd have no problem do so with a regular Chevelle of the day.
To me it's the best of two worlds

all I take away from all this is that some people just have too much money.
Indeed. And I don’t know about you....but I’m all for having enough money to consider such things.

All I can do is read these sites and see a late 60s Mustang I would love that is rusted and a mess going for $50k and shake my head.

I agree. I wouldn't think about restomoding say a SS Chevelle but I'd have no problem do so with a regular Chevelle of the day.
To me it's the best of two worlds
That’s what is the situational debate with classic cars that I find interesting. Depending on the car itself it could be smarter to do an original restoration (or even just upkeep it if it’s an impeccable original survivor) because that’s where the resale value is.

But, short of that criteria restomod is so tempting.

I would be all for taking a base level old car and make a “sleeper car” out of it. That surprise in others would be most fun.

baking good morning GIF by youramazing

I was hungry when I opened this thread.