Damn, NCAA Handed FSU Some Bad News…

Well Bama better snatch him up before the show cause order is entered
He ain’t Saban. But he’s killing it in the portal. Crazy thing is we haven’t really landed a stud Olineman yet so this thing is pretty bizarre. We didn’t even get the recruit this whole thing is based on in 2022.

What were the NIL rules in 2022? Lol
Anyone?

Some violations, some punishment, recruiting stuff, and the sorts.
It actually seems like the punishments are pretty weak...but either way, the NCAA can go fuck themselves. Some pointless recruiting window restrictions. They gave a staffer a show-cause but allowed him to keep his position, which is essentially a nothingburger unless FSU fired him and he has to go look for a job elsewhere in the next two years.

Meh. Fuck off NCAA.

It actually seems like the punishments are pretty weak...but either way, the NCAA can go fuck themselves. Some pointless recruiting window restrictions. They gave a staffer a show-cause but allowed him to keep his position, which is essentially a nothingburger unless FSU fired him and he has to go look for a job elsewhere in the next two years.

Meh. Fuck off NCAA.

It's almost like the NCAA has no control over this and are making a last gasp attempt at showing they still matter

It's almost like the NCAA has no control over this and are making a last gasp attempt at showing they still matter
They're trying to put the cat back in the bag and it's stupid as shit. Trying to get FSU over a technicality? Go fuck yourself NCAA. This organization needs to die, it's built entirely on making profits from kids they've tried to ban from profiting for decades.

They're trying to put the cat back in the bag and it's stupid as shit. Trying to get FSU over a technicality? Go fuck yourself NCAA. This organization needs to die, it's built entirely on making profits from kids they've tried to ban from profiting for decades.

Harbaugh better make sure the NCAA hasn't had someone lace his milk and steak with cyanide.
im-904457

They should have shown up for their bowl game and taken their lumps then.
This time on this subject, you are committing a terrible logic fail.

You keep punishing the players who did show up and get their ass kicked.

The ones who didn't show up? They are no longer at Florida State. Some of them are going to other schools.

How about we put on probation the schools that accept the transfers who ran away from the Orange Bowl?

"You want to skip the Georgia ass kicking and transfer somewhere else? Fine. But whatever school accepts your coward bitch pussy ass, they have to pay a penalty for having a gutless turd on their team."

That would make more logical sense to me.

Wouldn't it you?

This time on this subject, you are committing a terrible logic fail.

You keep punishing the players who did show up and get their ass kicked.

The ones who didn't show up? They are no longer at Florida State. Some of them are going to other schools.

How about we put on probation the schools that accept the transfers who ran away from the Orange Bowl?

"You want to skip the Georgia ass kicking and transfer somewhere else? Fine. But whatever school accepts your coward bitch pussy ass, they have to pay a penalty for having a gutless turd on their team."

That would make more logical sense to me.

Wouldn't it you?
It’s always the people who didn’t commit the crime who get punished in the NCAA. When USC got penalized, it didn’t really impact the people who committed the acts (other than Reggie losing his Heisman). The other actions (scholarship bans, bowl bans, etc) all impact people who are left behind.

It’s always the people who didn’t commit the crime who get punished in the NCAA. When USC got penalized, it didn’t really impact the people who committed the acts (other than Reggie losing his Heisman). The other actions (scholarship bans, bowl bans, etc) all impact people who are left behind.
That's why the NCAA is a piece of shit that needs to expire.

"NCAA Is expected to levy unprecedented penalties for NIL-related violations committed by Florida State, sources tell
@YahooSports
, including
3-game suspension for an assistant coach & disassociation from its booster collective and a booster"

That's "unprecedented"?

Maybe for an NIL violation, but certainly not "unprecedented" for rules violations i.e. SMU, USC, Oklahoma, etc.

Oh hi there. How bout we take 10 more Bama studs and keep our coach?

You do get that the "studs" aren't the ones transferring, for the most part, right? At least not from the big boys. Those leaving UGA and Bama are good, but they left because they either didn't live up to their rankings, or they couldn't get PT.

I don't have the link, but this is one of those "the cover-up is worse than the crime things." Evidently, the coach lied about what he did. That's a no-no. Just ask Harbaugh.

Also, consider this - FSU and it's fans have no problem whining like little girls on the Internet about all the way they have been fucked. This was something they agreed with the NCAA on. They could have fought it, they didn't. You don't see official FSU people coming out and whining. They got caught, and they know it.

You do get that the "studs" aren't the ones transferring, for the most part, right? At least not from the big boys. Those leaving UGA and Bama are good, but they left because they either didn't live up to their rankings, or they couldn't get PT.

You do realize that Bama and Georgia are 2-3 deep at about every position right? And that these guys get injured and set back?

Cmon man

You do realize that Bama and Georgia are 2-3 deep at about every position right? And that these guys get injured and set back?

Cmon man
I am trying to figure out your point. Yes, I know we are 2-3 deep because we are good high school recruiters.

And yes, they get injured, and other blue chips step in. So, what point are you making?

It's a fact that the players leaving UGA and Bama are players who didn't live up to their rankings or are looking for playing time. That doesn't mean they can't be good and can't work out. On the contrary, you guys came close to hitting 100% last year on transfers, doing well. That's to your credit. But that's the exception, not the rule.

A few examples:

- Jermaine Johnson > FSU - he was a really good rush edge who transferred because UGA rotates at DL and OLB than any other team. He wanted to be 3 down players, which he was never going to do at UGA. He played great for you guys.

- Marvin Jones, Jr. > FSU - he simply never played up to his ranking. He was a 5* coming out of HS, but couldn't break in as a starter. his PFF this year was 59.5 which is considered below average.

- Our best player who transferred was Dumas-Johnson (Kentucky), who was a pre-season AA ILB. But he didn't transfer because he wants to play the ponies. He had a bad year, he was injured, and is step slower than some younger guys we have coming up who started a bunch of games this year. He saw this snaps going away and he needs a good year in his NFL year.

What I said was factually true. That doesn't mean that they can't go elsewhere and play better. You guys did well with that last year. But, again, that's not the norm.

One thing I did see with some of the guys you have gotten so far is that some have 2 and 3 years of eligibility. I think that's smart. Most of your guys last year were one and done. If these guys this year are good, that will make up for poor high school recruiting.

Look, if you think you can build a winning program from the transfer portal with sub-optimal high school recruiting, I want you to go for it. That's just one more team that won' have sustained success that we have to worry about.