Deadliest annual Motorcycle race on earth.

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 72,944.00
was watching "Real Sports"
They had a piece on a motorcycle race called "Isle of Man" that happens every year. This race has gone on for over 100 years.
This year had 5 fatalities.
The last time the race didnt have a fatality was 1982. :surprised:

That’s real racing. The high safety marks are kind of a turnoff for NASCAR and F1 these days. The danger is a big part of racing’s appeal

That’s real racing. The high safety marks are kind of a turnoff for NASCAR and F1 these days. The danger is a big part of racing’s appeal
Tell that to the riders/drivers.

I deaths/injuries are mainly because instead of an actual track with barriers, safety measure, safety crews etc, they're racing around the island on an actual road, and the insane speeds they go. It's really cool to watch. It's called the Isle of Man TT.

was watching "Real Sports"
They had a piece on a motorcycle race called "Isle of Man" that happens every year. This race has gone on for over 100 years.
This year had 5 fatalities.
The last time the race didnt have a fatality was 1982. :surprised:
Damn near 38 mile long course around the island, that's incredible. Given that all of the other racing series have gone to great lengths to eliminate the deadly aspect of their events it's amazing that no major changes have been made minimize the danger at Isle of Man TT. Grand Prix racing was deadly in the beginning and after the 1955 tragedy at Le Man (multiple driver deaths and 80 spectators killed in a horrific accident) major changes in the interest of safety, a campaign spearheaded by Jackie Stewart were made to keep people alive.

Damn near 38 mile long course around the island, that's incredible. Given that all of the other racing series have gone to great lengths to eliminate the deadly aspect of their events it's amazing that no major changes have been made minimize the danger at Isle of Man TT. Grand Prix racing was deadly in the beginning and after the 1955 tragedy at Le Man (multiple driver deaths and 80 spectators killed in a horrific accident) major changes in the interest of safety, a campaign spearheaded by Jackie Stewart were made to keep people alive.
And average speed for that 38 miles is 130+

You believe that the drivers are racing for the danger?
For the thrill, given the level of danger. They know their life is on the line. Just like base jumping and wingsuit flying. Those guys all know the risks, and do it anyway.

And average speed for that 38 miles is 130+
I read that they reach speeds of 200+ mph and that since the inaugural race in 1907 265 competitors have died :eek:

The speed that these motorcycles can reach is insane and the superbikes have rendered more than a few old road courses obsolete and they can't race there anymore. Here in NH we had Bryar Motor Sports Park, now NHMS and that 1.6+- road course is too small for the rocketships these kids are driving nowadays.

For the thrill, given the level of danger. They know their life is on the line. Just like base jumping and wingsuit flying. Those guys all know the risks, and do it anyway.
I don't disagree that they know there re risks involved and some are adrenaline junkies, but if I had to guess I'd say that most of them just want to win a race and not leave the track in a box.

I read that they reach speeds of 200+ mph and that since the inaugural race in 1907 265 competitors have died :eek:

The speed that these motorcycles can reach is insane and the superbikes have rendered more than a few old road courses obsolete and they can't race there anymore. Here in NH we had Bryar Motor Sports Park, now NHMS and that 1.6+- road course is too small for the rocketships these kids are driving nowadays.
Yeah, that is the average speed for the lap, they do get 200 at times. I think the fastest lap was 16 minutes for the 38 miles.

Yeah, that is the average speed for the lap, they do get 200 at times. I think the fastest lap was 16 minutes for the 38 miles.
Crazy bastards :crazy:

Listen Cletus, why don't stick to something you know a bit about, like baseball. Oh wait, you don't know shit about that either.
LOL @ small brain Rex thinking he’s ever had a point. How long before your weak mind causes you to get another timeout because you’re too dumb to just not respond?

I don't disagree that they know there re risks involved and some are adrenaline junkies, but if I had to guess I'd say that most of them just want to win a race and not leave the track in a box.
They all think they are better and it won’t be them who end up dying. Just the other people.

similar to those who run with the bulls.

The risk of death is a big part of it IMO.