Detailing is sooooo boring…..

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 28,020.00
At least I’ve always thought so.

I like to watch videos of car rebuilds. The engine, suspension, transmission, etc. Or a full rebuild with paint and everything.

There was nothing exciting about the basic detailing of a car. Well….I’ve been watching tons of this guys videos while working lately and it’s changed my mind.

Of course….he’s doing much more than basic detailing. And he’s not like the dozens of others out there finding the dirtiest modern car to fully detail.

One of the best examples is the video below. Dude is super knowledgeable on this stuff. He will show a super aggressive detail on a ratty barn find, or a more restrained detail on a show car.

that was pretty enjoyable to watch...very satisfying to see a before and after product.

polishing a turd... with power tools.

polishing a turd... with power tools.
I'd rock that Datsun.

Also need to look into getting a Ryobi polisher...that would come in handy

I'd rock that Datsun.

Also need to look into getting a Ryobi polisher...that would come in handy

with the rust seen on the surface, I can only imagine how bad the rust is under that car.

and steaming feces and mold infested interior without a mask and proper ventilation is just begging to get sick.

with the rust seen on the surface, I can only imagine how bad the rust is under that car.

and steaming feces and mold infested interior without a mask and proper ventilation is just begging to get sick.
Interestingly there was no video on this one under the car. Usually there is.

And also an interesting point I didn’t think about. He’s done many videos with great info on handling mold. Full PPE and how to remediate and get rid of the rags immediately.

All that said….he was tasked by the owner just to clean out the interior and shine up the outside a little so the guy can roll around in it.

The detailing can vary based on what the owner wants/what’s possible.

that was pretty enjoyable to watch...very satisfying to see a before and after product.
Enjoyable is a good word. Probably why I’ve just rabbit holed on this channel while working. I enjoy the knowledge shared on most of them.

Interestingly there was no video on this one under the car. Usually there is.

And also an interesting point I didn’t think about. He’s done many videos with great info on handling mold. Full PPE and how to remediate and get rid of the rags immediately.

All that said….he was tasked by the owner just to clean out the interior and shine up the outside a little so the guy can roll around in it.

The detailing can vary based on what the owner wants/what’s possible.

definitely interesting watching old and busted shit come back to life... just surprised with the lack of protective gear and only complaining about the smell... that smell is the mold entering your lungs.

I like washing my car. It’s satisfying.

I think I’m gonna get Panzerwagon the full meal deal ceramic treatment.

Cut polished, Clay barred and ceramic coating. $1400 but done by a pro.

Detailing is overrated.

I run my truck thru the carwash once a year, whether it needs it or not.
I missed last year.

Nothing drives like a clean car.

First car I remember my parents having was a 510. Silver. I recall the paint being really rough, but I was pretty young when they got rid of it. Barely remember my brother and I both riding in the back seat.