Divine intervention??

Man saves another man from jumping under an upcoming train. - GIF on Imgur

reminds me a bit of when I was in Afghanistan. I was at the airfield in Kandahar. They would lob mortars at us a few times a week. They were so crudely made, most never even came close. Once, however, they managed to hit the runway. Crazy part was, we were getting ready to launch aircraft. The air marshaller was standing in front of his plane as he was supposed to be when he heard the warning sirens go off. Pilots says about 15-20 seconds after he took off for cover, a mortar hit right where he had been standing.
Those rocket/mortar attacks were such a pain in the ass

yep. never really felt threatened. just annoying as hell
i remember one time, sometime in either september or october (football season), we were in our MWR hooch watching NFL games at like, 2am one Sunday night/Monday morning, and a fuckin rocket attack happened 3 times in an hour. up to that point, we hadn't had a single rocket attack in at least a month or two, so i have no doubt those cocksuckers knew that American football was in-season, and that even if they didn't score a kill against us on the fob, at the very least they'd inconvenience us by not allowing us to watch the games for awhile. we were pissed lol.

i remember one time, sometime in either september or october (football season), we were in our MWR hooch watching NFL games at like, 2am one Sunday night/Monday morning, and a fuckin rocket attack happened 3 times in an hour. up to that point, we hadn't had a single rocket attack in at least a month or two, so i have no doubt those cocksuckers knew that American football was in-season, and that even if they didn't score a kill against us on the fob, at the very least they'd inconvenience us by not allowing us to watch the games for awhile. we were pissed lol.
oh no doubt. they definitely had us down to know when to launch for maximum annoyance.

A solid amount of these are Russian. Those bastards put dash cams on anything and catch everything. There are ridiculously long videos on YouTube of things like this from them.

A solid amount of these are Russian. Those bastards put dash cams on anything and catch everything. There are ridiculously long videos on YouTube of things like this from them.

They all have cameras as evidence of other driver's being at fault. So many drunk drivers there...