Do you believe in "Gravity"?

Well do you Punk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Something is holding me down to a fast spinning ball, so the concept of "gravity" I agree with. But until they figure out what exactly the force is, and then how to weaponize it, I can't believe it.

Repel + alcohol = attraction.

You don't understand the gravity of the situation.

If the ratio for electromagnetic force to gravitational force is 10^39:1, let me spell this out-

10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000:1

Then isn't gravity essentially meaningless in the presence of any EM force?

I understand that gravity allegedly becomes more significant when massive bodies are involved (really that's just special pleading) but on a simple "what we can observe" scale here on earth, EM force seems to be the only "real" force we experience between the two.

I have found absolutely zero that demonstrates a strong gravitational effect that we can observe here on earth, I have however found a lot of scientists saying "well earth and the sun are linked so it must be gravity."

Furthermore I've found multiple places on earth where the EM force seems to overrule the alleged gravitational force (the thing that keeps us upright, makes balls roll downhill, etc) like this:

Those sites are scattered across the earth, with a few of them in the US and a few more in Canada.

I'm starting to think that the entire concept of gravity is bullshit - the reason things fall out of the air is that they are heavier than air. The reason an inflated balloon rises to the surface of the ocean is because the air inside the balloon is lighter than the ocean. No gravity required to explain a basic weight/density/buoyancy relationship from one medium to another.

-@Bojack_Horseman

Something is holding me down to a fast spinning ball, so the concept of "gravity" I agree with. But until they figure out what exactly the force is, and then how to weaponize it, I can't believe it.
Your mass is holding you down.

why wouldnt one believe in gravity?

If the ratio for electromagnetic force to gravitational force is 10^39:1, let me spell this out-

10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000:1

Then isn't gravity essentially meaningless in the presence of any EM force?

I understand that gravity allegedly becomes more significant when massive bodies are involved (really that's just special pleading) but on a simple "what we can observe" scale here on earth, EM force seems to be the only "real" force we experience between the two.

I have found absolutely zero that demonstrates a strong gravitational effect that we can observe here on earth, I have however found a lot of scientists saying "well earth and the sun are linked so it must be gravity."

Furthermore I've found multiple places on earth where the EM force seems to overrule the alleged gravitational force (the thing that keeps us upright, makes balls roll downhill, etc) like this:

Those sites are scattered across the earth, with a few of them in the US and a few more in Canada.

I'm starting to think that the entire concept of gravity is bullshit - the reason things fall out of the air is that they are heavier than air. The reason an inflated balloon rises to the surface of the ocean is because the air inside the balloon is lighter than the ocean. No gravity required to explain a basic weight/density/buoyancy relationship from one medium to another.

-@Bojack_Horseman
gravity is a funny thing. its variable across the planet based on altitude, earth density, etc etc.

Something has to act to give me mass though.
No, your mass would exist in space just as it does here on this flat rock. You're thinking weight.

Reactions: Me
I understand gravity and accept it as settled science.

magnets GIF

gravity Pffffffffffft, more like magnets bruh

a gravitational sling shot is a thing. so id hope to believe in it.

Do we know what mass differential needs to exist to start to exert gravitational pull on something?

Do we know what mass differential needs to exist to start to exert gravitational pull on something?
well, if it has mass, it has gravity. its all about relationship between the 2 objects density and location in relation to one another.