Do you even lift?

Finally being able to snag a curl bar and a bunch of plates has changed my at home workout life.

Not having a bench is still a bummer though.

I was powerlifting guy forever. Then I ruptured my triceps tendon after years of benching too much last February. Almost a year later I’m body building guy now. Still doing all my favorite power lifts just lighter. Started boxing. Been doing sit ups all the time. My cardio hasn’t been this good in a long time.

I added an incline bench last week thanks to pre Black Friday deals. Snagged a good flat bench months ago. My rack has dip accessories but my arm can’t do those yet.

I added an incline bench last week thanks to pre Black Friday deals. Snagged a good flat bench months ago. My rack has dip accessories but my arm can’t do those yet.
Not enough room for benches with the cardio equipment we have.

Not enough room for benches with the cardio equipment we have.

Im using my garage (treadmill is in the basement). Only major downside is the impeding freezing weather. Going to have to invest in a propane heater or something.

Im using my garage (treadmill is in the basement). Only major downside is the impeding freezing weather. Going to have to invest in a propane heater or something.
Parking in the driveway like a peasant? disgusting

Similar to my configuration with the power rack and weights in the garage with cardio (treadmill, rowing machine, and bowflex max) in the basement. I typically wear sweats shoplifting during the winter months or leave the door to the basement open and walk back and forth between sets. My battle ropes extend most of the way in my garage, but I don't have to open the garage door to use. Do need to get my old water base filled punching bag out of storage, but need to clear some room in the garage. And by that, I mean I have to throw away a bunch of my wife's stuff she hasn't used since we moved in 4+ years ago.

I need to upgrade my rack, but I've had it for 20 years since I got it from play it again sports while in college and has served me well.

I just realized that I might have perfect timing for building a home gym. Should be buying early 2022. By summer 2022, people will be getting rid of shit they accumulated and sat around for a year taking up space.

Finally being able to snag a curl bar and a bunch of plates has changed my at home workout life.

At a point where I'm picking up whatever the fuck the sporting goods store has.

Got some 2.5 lb weights the other day since that was all they had. I don't think I've fucking touched a 2.5 lb plate ever in my life before that.

At my age, I'm happy to be able to lift a fork to my mouth.

I do go down cellar and play with my grandson's weights a couple of days a week. I work out until my heart starts to beat heavy and I know I'm not dead. Then I go back upstairs, sit in my Lazy Boy and pull the afgan over me. I love afternoon naps.

Similar to my configuration with the power rack and weights in the garage with cardio (treadmill, rowing machine, and bowflex max) in the basement. I typically wear sweats shoplifting during the winter months or leave the door to the basement open and walk back and forth between sets. My battle ropes extend most of the way in my garage, but I don't have to open the garage door to use. Do need to get my old water base filled punching bag out of storage, but need to clear some room in the garage. And by that, I mean I have to throw away a bunch of my wife's stuff she hasn't used since we moved in 4+ years ago.

I need to upgrade my rack, but I've had it for 20 years since I got it from play it again sports while in college and has served me well.
Shoplifting?

My old man finally gave up his dream of Senior Mr Olympia bid so I took his equipment. I have a great gym at work but hoping my boys start using this stuff. The power rack and lat machine are 30+ years but still in good shape. I’ve actually used it quite a bit the past couple weeks and it’s nice not making the drive to work. Got the nice mats from Tractor Supply Co

Attachments

• 47F0933B-3EAB-4F28-9EE9-88F9D5B5DEB0.jpeg
    47F0933B-3EAB-4F28-9EE9-88F9D5B5DEB0.jpeg
    592.3 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Me
thinking of getting into kettlebells

i do have one of those adjustable weight dumbell sets at home. Should I bother with kettlebells or just try to do a modified version of those workouts using dumbells?

4-5 times a week I got to The Club. Good price too. I will do some cardio a couple days a week as well.

thinking of getting into kettlebells

i do have one of those adjustable weight dumbell sets at home. Should I bother with kettlebells or just try to do a modified version of those workouts using dumbells?
I wouldn't, but I'm cheap. A lot of kettlebell exercises can be done with dumbbells

At my age, I'm happy to be able to lift a fork to my mouth.

I do go down cellar and play with my grandson's weights a couple of days a week. I work out until my heart starts to beat heavy and I know I'm not dead. Then I go back upstairs, sit in my Lazy Boy and pull the afgan over me. I love afternoon naps.
excited old man GIF