Dove season Sept 1st

Apparently ornithology isn't your forte.

Educate yourself <---- Link

Wow, congrats you can google on the internet. Been hunting Mourning Doves for 43 years. For starters they don't fly the same are a different size. They don't have the same diets, they live in different habitats. They have a completely different taste. Where our mourning doves concentrate pigeons are non-existent. Never seen a rock dove before

No limits here. Talked to a few other guys and numbers are way down. ?????

They are migratory birds. They will move where the food source is. Last year was a bad location where we hunt because of all the rain but this year was much better. Never heard about no limits. Most doves here have limits except for the Eurasians which are a non-native species. Those can be hunted all year and there are no limits. Don't care for them though.

It's because you are stupid and your Daddy was an alcoholic and y'all was on the foodstamps.....

Umbrage!

I was never on food stamps. We grew and hunted our own food. Just not sky rats.

They are migratory birds. They will move where the food source is. Last year was a bad location where we hunt because of all the rain but this year was much better. Never heard about no limits. Most doves here have limits except for the Eurasians which are a non-native species. Those can be hunted all year and there are no limits. Don't care for them though.
No limits taken. Sorry for the shorthand.

No limits taken. Sorry for the shorthand.
I've been hunting/shooting doves for the best part of 55 years. Habitat and food sources are important. I check the crop of the birds when I clean them. No corn in any bird. Think the late planting this year is affecting our area.

Wow, congrats you can google on the internet. Been hunting Mourning Doves for 43 years. For starters they don't fly the same are a different size. They don't have the same diets, they live in different habitats. They have a completely different taste. Where our mourning doves concentrate pigeons are non-existent. Never seen a rock dove before

Doves are pigeons. Deal with it, Cletus.

Also, "Rock dove" is what people colloquially call common pigeons.

Or as I call them, winged barn rats.

Doves are pigeons. Deal with it, Cletus.

Also, "Rock dove" is what people colloquially call common pigeons.

Or as I call them, winged barn rats.

Whatever you say dingleberry

I've been hunting/shooting doves for the best part of 55 years. Habitat and food sources are important. I check the crop of the birds when I clean them. No corn in any bird. Think the late planting this year is affecting our area.

Safflower is a great food source for doves. Just can't plant it in the same place all the time. We have a native weed in Central California called Turkey Mullien. It is also called Dove Weed. The doves love it

I don't think I've seen one dove. First day of season it sounded like a war zone with all the shooting west of here, no shooting since except the normal various neighbors target shooting.

Safflower is a great food source for doves. Just can't plant it in the same place all the time. We have a native weed in Central California called Turkey Mullien. It is also called Dove Weed. The doves love it

I've seen sunflowers, velvet leaf and some grass seed(probably rye) no row crop seed.

I've seen sunflowers, velvet leaf and some grass seed(probably rye) no row crop seed.

Safflower is used in Dove feed mixes. Some of the state refuges in my area grow it in plots for dove hunting. It has to be done right. It is grown to a certain maturity and then have seeds hit of the plant. During the mid 1990s California drought. A friend grew 500 acres of safflower since it does not require spring irrigation water. A month before the season there were literally a thousand doves in the safflower. By the season opener they were all gone.

Safflower is used in Dove feed mixes. Some of the state refuges in my area grow it in plots for dove hunting. It has to be done right. It is grown to a certain maturity and then have seeds hit of the plant. During the mid 1990s California drought. A friend grew 500 acres of safflower since it does not require spring irrigation water. A month before the season there were literally a thousand doves in the safflower. By the season opener they were all gone.

I'll check the safflower out.

We got squeezed out of all our good fields years ago because people put up chicken houses. Evidently chickens and shooting cause issues and birds die of stress. We had several farmers very angry with us and our lease got revoked.

Haven’t found a decent place since. Man it was fun because the farmer we leased from planted corn in that field and may sure to leave plenty on the ground. Everyone would hit the limit.

We had a great hunt. Lots of birds. People shot nonstop behind my property

Shells out, guns oiled. Grocery store run upcoming. Not too many seasons left. Got to enjoy each and every Opener.